Feb 11 Update

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat PC Discussion' started by PizzaBoy, February 12, 2011.

1. PizzaBoy

PizzaBoy Member

Didn't see a topic for it yet.

Click the MNC logo on the main menu!

2. tinygod

tinygod New Member

Awesome update.. especially the hostile.ini part and the bot streak.. just perfect
  3. BulletMagnet

BulletMagnet Post Master General

Oh wow. Download faster. Download faster!
  4. The Noid

The Noid New Member

Man this game keeps getting better with every patch.

Fantastic work everyone.

I may celebrate my happiness by buying another copy of this game for one of my friends that doesn't have it.
  5. Ekanaut

Ekanaut Uber Alumni

6. Wintermute

Wintermute New Member

So it sounds like we don't get the half (or more) juice bar. It could've been better as a server option toggle especially for those non-default overtime servers if this is the case. It'll change a bunch of tactics now, and people might be spending the first minute of default overtime just to build the juice for a run at the ball that mightn't succeed.

Also, bot kill streaks aren't as necessary, but would be welcome for Assassins doing their job well.

I wonder if the case on the "Fixed Assassins dash becoming unusable" was also to do with some skills being unusable too. Probably not, but the dash unusability I've encountered always came with the Blue (Sprint) skill being unusable too.

The rest of the updates sound nice, although now that I have access to 4 types of gear (and prefer my Preseason Hero gear) some sort of management could be established.

Can't decide whether or not the HostileAccess filter would be good or not (If it were a fully public list, sure it would make some sense).
  7. Goose

Goose Active Member

Not sure about my opinion on that music video. I don't know whether to be entertained or disgusted. Either way, it was interesting. Thanks uber.
  8. zarakon

zarakon Active Member

Where will graphics options be now?
  9. Ekanaut

Ekanaut Uber Alumni

C:\Users\USERNAME\Documents\My Games\UnrealEngine3\HostileGame\Config\HostileGraphicsSettings.ini
  10. Col_Jessep

Col_Jessep Moderator Alumni

I <3 the video! The version on Youtube has an extra scene... o_O

The new class selection is awesome, same as showing player names and classes. That will really help putting together a strong team, thx!

And the Crimson gear, holy moly! xD

Thanks for the best after release support we could wish for, go Uber!!!
  11. Akutare

Akutare New Member

Just a small question, will the Crimson armor be here to stay or will it be gone after Valentines Day? It would seem out of place any other time.
  12. zarakon

zarakon Active Member

hmm, do you know where I would put these now?

bSmoothFramerate
    MinSmoothedFramerate
    MaxSmoothedFramerate

I tried putting them in HostileGraphicsSettings.ini under the main class, [SystemSettings], but they didn't take. I also tried adding [Engine.GameEngine] at the bottom and put them under that, but still no luck
  13. Kel

Kel New Member

HostileEngine.ini and DefaultEngine.ini I think then.
  14. StriderHoang

StriderHoang New Member

lol, it looks like the pros of MNC are having various break dancing parties.
  15. G3722

G3722 Member

Love the patch (Thanks you so much for the Dash fix!) and the free extra sets. Really thanks for keeping you word about supporting us PC guys, much love.

Also i'm really digging how you guys are handling confirmed cheaters, wished more developers had the balls to do this sort of things. Really thanks for protecting the community.

But if i may ask and with all due respect; Is there an ETA on the demo recording issue? I really hate to sound like an ungrateful Debbie Downer, so i really apologize. But this is something i think we really want/need.
  16. Ekanaut

Ekanaut Uber Alumni

Demo recording is only supported on listen server hosts. So even if we enabled it, it wouldn't be a feature that can be widely used. It's something that's on our to do list.
  17. XyzKiller

XyzKiller New Member

This, plus I hope it doesn't because it's the same beta gear, just recolored. :(
    Not that I don't like it, but I wouldn't want it permanently in :p
  18. Ekanaut

Ekanaut Uber Alumni

It will be permanent but you don't have to wear it.
  19. G3722

G3722 Member

Great news, man. And again, thanks a lot for the updates, the overall support and for also being a part of the same community you guys created.

Really, you guys remind me of the good old days of PC gaming when developers and gamers had a strong close relationship, and it's great to feel that again.
  20. Goose

Goose Active Member

I refuse to say such things until they make Pit Girl a new class! :evil: