Favourite Colour v1.7.1 [113953]

Discussion in 'Released Mods' started by DeathByDenim, September 3, 2014.

1. DeathByDenim

DeathByDenim Post Master General

Do you always want to play with the same colour? Then this is the mod for you. Upon selecting a slot in the lobby, it will automatically try to select your favourite primary and secondary colour. It may take a second or so as the lobby always freezes up a bit when loading maps.

Your favourite colour can be configured under SETTINGS -> UI.

Available in PAMM, but the code is available on GitHub as well.

Version 1.0: Initial release
    Version 1.1: Added support for an alternative favourite colour.
    Version 1.2: Fixed the bug that @StormingKiwi pointed out. When selecting a slot that already had your favourite colour, it would sometimes switch you to the alternative favourite colour.
    Version 1.3: Compatibility with build 62165.
    Version 1.3.1: Compatibility with build 62168.
    Version 1.3.2: Compatibility with build 62318.
    Version 1.4: Secondary colours are back!
    Version 1.4.1: Support for the new settings screen. Also internal changes.
    Version 1.4.2: Bugfix to allow for manual colour selection again.
    Version 1.4.3: Bugfix for AI Skirmish.
    Version 1.5: Now works in matchmaking. Secondary colour selection is no longer supported by Uber... :(
    Version 1.5.1: Fixed unresponsiveness in the lobby. This prevented selecting AI difficulty for instance.
    Version 1.6: The new PTE (and next stable) release have reintroduced secondary colours! So the mod has been updated accordingly.
    Version 1.6.1: Bugfix for the selection of secondary colours. Apparently the index for the secondary colour depends on the index of the primary colour...
    Version 1.7: Updated for the new 94684 colours. Also made the settings menu coloured so you can see what you are getting now.
    Version 1.7.1: Fix automatic colour selection for ranked games.

trialq made a really neat video of this mod:
    Last edited: January 26, 2020
    lulamae, redspot, zihuatanejo and 2 others like this.
  2. Fr33Lancer

Fr33Lancer Well-Known Member

What about putting it as a dependency / requirement in modinfo.json ?
  3. DeathByDenim

I had considered it in the beginning, but it's not. It works perfectly fine without it. It's more of a recommendation than it is an actual requirement.
  4. Fr33Lancer

Technically, I agree.
    However, until Uber someday ever put Secondary Color display back in vanilla (reason of Burntcustard's mod is they removed it, as far as I recall), from a strict user point of view, it makes more sense to have them bundled together (for lack of having a single mod).
    It would save one click, and I could hardly imagine someone un-installing Burntcustard's mod on purpose, after installing yours ;) (which wouldn't break yours anyway)
  5. DeathByDenim

That depends on your view of burntcustard's mod as a bug fix or enhancement. You obviously see it as a bug fix. :)
    However, there are many players who are unaware of the secondary colour and may not even care for it. I wouldn't want to force a mod upon somebody. Even when I cannot understand myself why one wouldn't want control over one's secondary colour. ;)

And like you said, it only takes one click to install the secondary colour mod anyway, so that's why I am sticking with "recommendation" rather than "requirement".
  6. Zyphin

Zyphin New Member

I've noticed that when selecting Red, only light blue and green are allowed for secondary colors. Is this the mod or the game itself causing this issue?
  7. DeathByDenim

That's a limitation by the game itself. Every colour only has two allowed secondary colours. The exception being white and black, which have five secondary colours.
  8. Fr33Lancer

I found myself in the scenario where I wanted to not use the favourite colours I set for some testing purpose.
    However, upon changing it (primary), it gets re-applied if available, like "You shall not use another colour !"
    I can change secondary though.
    Only way to proceed is to temporary disable the mod.
    Is it intended ?
    (I guess there's some usecase behind that, like in a big ffa lobby, if someone ever release the colour, you insta stole it)
  9. DeathByDenim

Eh, no. It's supposed to detect it when you manually change the colour yourself and just disable itself temporarily. I'll look into it. I thought that worked. I must have broken it somehow. :)
    Fr33Lancer likes this.
  10. DeathByDenim

Minor update fixing the manual colour selection that @Fr33Lancer reported.
    Fr33Lancer likes this.
  11. DeathByDenim

Minor update that fixes a bug. In the AI Skirmish mode, the mod wouldn't automatically select your favourite colour.
    Fr33Lancer likes this.
  12. Fr33Lancer

Not sure it is related to that or the latest fix you made, but I am unable to change an AI difficulty.
    When the list is expanded, click is unresponsive.
    I have to click like a madmen to set it. Once done, it works properly.
    Is it stuck in some kind of loop trying to set secondary when it can't, and discard other clicks (noticed only on AI difficulty select list thought) ?
  13. DeathByDenim

Yeah, they disabled the option to choose the secondary colour in the stable build they released yesterday. You are right about there being a loop. I did implement a anti-infinite-loop thingy a long time ago to prevent the mod going nuts if something unexpected happen though, but I guess I set it too high. I'll fix it "soon". :)
    Fr33Lancer likes this.
  14. DeathByDenim

Now updated to support colour selection for the ranked 1v1's.
    Unfortunately, secondary colour selection had to go because the client no longer supports it. :(
  15. zihuatanejo

zihuatanejo Well-Known Member

Thanks for making this :)
  16. DeathByDenim

Fixed the unresponsiveness in AI difficulty when this mod was enabled. Update is available on PAMM.
  17. DeathByDenim

Updated to allow favourite secondary colours again! Those have been reintroduced in the current PTE (and thus the next stable release). It won't break the current stable release however, so update away!
    Fr33Lancer likes this.
  18. tatsujb

tatsujb Post Master General

doesn't work?
    killerkiwijuice likes this.
  19. DeathByDenim

It does for me. Did you select a favourite colour under settings -> ui?
  20. tatsujb

tatsujb Post Master General

Doh!
    DeathByDenim likes this.