Fastest MNC Crossfire Match Ever

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat 360 General Discussion' started by RAlFANBAUGH, August 20, 2010.

1. RAlFANBAUGH

RAlFANBAUGH New Member

Here is the proof:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=253txavhFdA

Think you can beat 1:03? Start the recording from the quick match lobby and record until you are in the post game lobby, just to prove it is a legit match and no boosting or cheating was involved. :D

Current Record Holders:
    Hi im Pacman
    DingleFritzer
    RAlFANBAUGH
    v iStayFrosTy v
    MaulerXx2
    M A C K xDIZZLE
  2. Shammas

Shammas New Member

Nice job.
  3. Sauceman

Sauceman New Member

Watch out, people don't like records around these parts.

I however thinks it's awesome. Congrats..I'll see if I can beat it with Shammas streaming it.
  4. Shammas

Shammas New Member

Lol, They cheated!!!111 Video skips at 2:35!!111111 Asterisk!!111
  5. PhantomPhoton

PhantomPhoton New Member

Impressive man!

However, I hope the devs take note of this as it really illustrates how the ability for Pros to directly attack the Moneyball really subverts the core gameplay mechanic of Bots and Turrets.

Also, it does show how the Support class is a little overpowered... Once you have 6 Firebases in someone's base, and have taken out their turrets (nice job with teh hax btw, spawning a bunch of Gapshots would have worked too), then the near invincibility of a bunch of Supports healing each other really puts the kibosh on any type of defense.
  6. FiercelyFuzzy

FiercelyFuzzy New Member

My fastest was 1:10, with bots dropping shields.
    Last edited: August 20, 2010
  7. Shammas

Shammas New Member

This only works in unorganized matches against randomly selected players. A balanced team would have just taken them out and pushed their base.
  8. Sauceman

Sauceman New Member

lol
  9. Sir_Undead

Sir_Undead New Member

I'd like to point out that it has been stated that the ability for players to directly attack the Moneyball is unintentional, and they will likely be removing it sooner or later with a patch.

Also, that was really bad news for the Icemen's fans.
  10. PhantomPhoton

PhantomPhoton New Member

I disagree. I have had situations similar to this one happen to me while playing with a party of friends, all of which are used to working together and are experienced with FPS gameplay.

I'm sure your team would have easily triumphed over this sort of tactic, but there are plenty of competent teams out there who have experienced frustrating games (lack of games?) because of this behavior.

Ultimately, this is contrary to the spirit of the game because it takes advantage of a known bug that the devs are working to resolve.

Yes, it is possible to reverse this sort of situation, but it is very difficult. Unless the shield bug is resolved expect more of these sorts of tactics, which will be detrimental to the experience enjoyed by the majority of players, regardless whether or not the truly hardcore such as yourself feels that this is not an issue.
  11. PrivateJohn

PrivateJohn New Member

Exactly. Below are what I saw from the video.

Timeline of the youtube video.
    2:56 - Reach the Red base without any "obstacle". Red base are empty. No pros, no turret. (on normal game, you will be having some firefight right at the midpoint of the lane already)
    3:00 - Looky, I am hacking the turret and nobody care! Oh wait...there is a sleepy Tank walking out of the spawning chamber and he is....walking straight line & not aware of the situation, seems rather clueless to me.
    3:04 - I think another Red Support just got out. Tank,support & a sniper (i think) are the only Pros presence defending the base. They died miserably.
    3:23 - Oh aha, now only the Gunner come out to defend the place & the game end with 6 vs 1. Not to mention the red team take their own sweet time before coming out of the spawning room.
    4:21 - What's even funnier is at the end game report it shows that :
    a) 1 Red player has not even select his class.
    b) 1 Red player has already left the game.
    c) 1 Red Assault is probably still in the Spawning room. (no K/A/D & money is the default value i suppose)
    d) This is essentially a 6 v 4 or 6 v 1 (depend on how you see it)

Sorry but this does not show the OPness of Support but rather how a synchronized team can bully in a pub game. However thanks for showing the moneyball issue, that is what need to be fix. Otherwise it would be pointless to have bot in the game.
    Last edited: August 20, 2010
  12. FiercelyFuzzy

FiercelyFuzzy New Member

This game isn't FPS...
  13. PhantomPhoton

PhantomPhoton New Member

And you point this out because the gameplay isn't similar to team-based FPS games?

There aren't a lot of 3rd Person team games out there, so I wasn't about to say my group of friends were "experienced with team based 3rd Person games". We do play a bunch of Lost Planet, but generally games similar to this one are FPS...
  14. Shammas

Shammas New Member

Yeah, I do think that they should patch the shield bug. I was talking about a team full of supports. As long as you push them back, they can't do anything. Any unbalanced team for that matter.
  15. PrivateJohn

PrivateJohn New Member

Ya but most of them doesn't have...
    1) Turret. Tower Defense'ish element.
    2) Bots. Army controlled by AI which is part of the core gameplay. They are not there just to annoy you.
  16. PhantomPhoton

PhantomPhoton New Member

This is my point exactly, thank you! This game is a tower-defense game / 3rd Person Shooter hybrid. Anything that allows a team to ignore one half of that equation is bad.

Once again, however, since the game is pretty unique it's impossible to qualify your team as being experienced in this exact type of gameplay. Instead, in order to show that you have experience and are not just making n00b mistakes, you would have to qualify that you have experience in a similar gamestyle. Hence my comment that we have FPS experience.

Yeah, we definitely agree that this bug should be priority #1 (along with known exploits).

I just think that teams of Gunners or Supports rushing the opposing base is more of a general gameplay issue that you do! :)
  17. PrivateJohn

PrivateJohn New Member

Ya but it is also a Dota'ish Strategy/RPG game. So its a....erm....super-duper-hybrid genre.
  18. FiercelyFuzzy

FiercelyFuzzy New Member

There are plenty of team based TPS.
  19. Commando501

Commando501 New Member

Lolz Phil, just Lolz