Faster units? (and maybe bigger ?)

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by xnavigator, December 19, 2013.

1. xnavigator

xnavigator Member

Has uber taken in consideration the possiblity to speed up every units in the game? They simply move so slowly :(

Also I believe it would be nice if all units (and maybe building too) would be bigger.. I say this because most of the time you play with much zoom out, and it becomes hard to see units and builds (except for those superimposed markers)
    hahapants likes this.
  2. cptconundrum

cptconundrum Post Master General

Looks like what you want to do is play on smaller planets.
    beer4blood likes this.
  3. Teod

Teod Well-Known Member

I they will make units faster and bigger, you will spend most of the game with camera zoom even further away.

Just play on smaller planets.
  4. Gerfand

Gerfand Active Member

in the case of scale we have a MegaThread...
    xnavigator likes this.
  5. xnavigator

xnavigator Member

wtf most poeple voted for decrease :(
  6. cptconundrum

cptconundrum Post Master General

That's because there are two ways to change the scale. You can change the unit size or you can change the planet size. Planets can easily be made smaller, so there is already a way to make units seem larger and faster. Making a planet bigger is harder to do because not every computer can handle it, so one solution would be to shrink the units.
  7. beer4blood

beer4blood Active Member

Faster units might seem better, but!!! One must consider that you will in all possibilities, when the game is released, fighting multiple fronts on multiple worlds faster units may be a thorn in your side at that point. Even now in beta with multiple fronts on one world it's hard to keep up with your own assaults not to mention if your enemy is assaulting you on multiple fronts. Less time to react is my point......
    MrTBSC likes this.
  8. KNight

KNight Post Master General

I think that currently there is room for a small speed increase, small like 10-15%, long term thought I'd rather wait until we get a better idea of what the 'proper' balance is going to be first before I'd really fight for it.

Mike
  9. tatsujb

tatsujb Post Master General

hey "wtf"ed at your un-argumented post in my thread too...

personally, I'm glad the majority is sane and well learned. It seems they can understand the paradox of "smaller is bigger" which may require a more vast thinking box than the average man.
  10. Ortikon

Ortikon Active Member

For speed, I think we are in the same boat as the currently locked metal distribution sliders.
    We need to balance the game based off of its default settings to find the definition of default.
    Then we we can get a speed slider that increases speed from the default bottom end, I cant say that is confirmed but I have not seen an RTS that has not done it. It is plainly a no-brainer option, and is about as silly to ask for as volume control. If the default speed was to increase a bit I would hope that health does as well, otherwise clashing armies will be like watching eggs thrown at a wall.
  11. carlorizzante

carlorizzante Post Master General

I feel that at the status of the thing, units' speed is quite ok and balanced. Yet there is always room for improvement. But much faster units may affect the gameplay, since everything will happen too quickly, then.