Fantasy Football - who plays?

Discussion in 'Unrelated Discussion' started by Sm1tty Sm1t, August 2, 2010.

1. Sm1tty Sm1t

Sm1tty Sm1t New Member

I'm curious as to who plays Fantasy Football, who is passionate about it, and who lives on their draft board for the month of August.

I have some questions I'd love to bounce off of some people ...
  2. Brian And3rson

Brian And3rson New Member

im playing fantasy football through yahoo. no money involved. and this is my first year.
  3. scathis

scathis Arbiter of Awesome Uber Alumni

I have a group I play with every year.
  4. Sengoku no Maou

Sengoku no Maou New Member

I play in two groups. One cash pool amongst friends and a free one with randoms from an NFL board.
  5. TheJustinIsALie

TheJustinIsALie New Member

What exactly is Fantasy Football? Is it like Dungeon & Dragons but with football?

Do you equip characters with items like +4 Running boots and Steroid potions?
  6. Sm1tty Sm1t

Sm1tty Sm1t New Member

no, that would be Goal Line Blitz (which I also played for the 1st 7 seasons) GLB

Fantasy Football is where you "draft" players from the NFL, place them on your team, and depending how they do each game, you get points for it. So, a quarterback who throws for 400 yards and 5 TD's would get you LOADS of points, where a Runningback who runs for 15 yds and NO TD's wouldnt get you any pts.
  7. TheJustinIsALie

TheJustinIsALie New Member

So it's kinda like placing your bets on individual players instead of on a whole team?

Do you bet money or just bragging rights?
  8. Sm1tty Sm1t

Sm1tty Sm1t New Member

In the league I play in for realsies, everyone pays $75.00 -- there are 20 teams, and the winner takes home $750.00 at the end of the year.

There are casual leagues I play in too. The best comparison is the stock market. You have to buy, sell, and trade players based on what your expectations are for them. You make a good move, it pays off. You make a bad move and it may take a season or two for you to get your team back in order.
  9. Sm1tty Sm1t

Sm1tty Sm1t New Member

If you're planning on playing Goal Line Blitz, use This Link -- It'll help me get referrals :)
  10. Sm1tty Sm1t

Sm1tty Sm1t New Member

So, after all that ... my question to the FF guru's:

We are NOT in a PPR league, we have a salary cap of $20.00 (tom brady is about $3.65, others I've kept are all $1.50 or less) Any suggestions?
  11. cazoofoo

cazoofoo New Member

The whole thing seems REALLY dull... I'm not into sports, im into fantasy but until a huge dragon devours some stocky steroid addicted kicker im just not interested :roll:
  12. Sm1tty Sm1t

Sm1tty Sm1t New Member

To each his own, really. However, let me know which kicker is going to get eaten, so I dont draft them :lol:
  13. cazoofoo

cazoofoo New Member

Also, is this american football or standard fotball? not that it really matters I hate both of them. :x
  14. Sengoku no Maou

Sengoku no Maou New Member

Blood Bowl might be for you then.
  15. cazoofoo

cazoofoo New Member

Oooh, I heard about that game, but it got VERY bad reviews :|
  16. Sm1tty Sm1t

Sm1tty Sm1t New Member

I tried blood bowl ... hated it. Far too complex than I expected and it just didnt "grab me". If they had made the game like Mutant League Football I guarantee it would have been a hit. But it was just a port from the board game -- which I never played.