False advert?

Discussion in 'Balance Discussions' started by optica1x, September 12, 2014.

1. optica1x

optica1x Member

So yeah one of the selling points to me was the prospect of seing the UNIT CANNON.
    Now, i was down for supporting you guys at uber because you where making a massive scale RTS.
    You have accomplished that and have got the game into a decent state.

My question is, why have you gone ahead and released the game when it is not finished?
    As many people have asked for it, and was a good selling point of the kick start trailer to see units being fired from a cannon on the moon and landing on a planet. ( which looked very cool ).

So did i spend £60 for nowt?
  2. brianpurkiss

brianpurkiss Post Master General

bradlock incoming...

Keep in mind that the kickstarter trailer was just a sales pitch trailer – not an exact feature list. Game design is a fluid matter.

That being said, Uber has said certain features that would be in the game at launch have since been postponed until after launch.

PA is a game that'll never be complete. Uber is going to update the game regularly after release. So we'll be getting the unit cannon, offline, server, saves, asteroids, etc.
  3. killerkiwijuice

killerkiwijuice Post Master General

I'm pretty sure the trailers for other game look better than the actual game does when released... Like the SC2 trailer.
    squishypon3 likes this.
  4. thetrophysystem

thetrophysystem Post Master General

My question is, if you want the unit cannon, why don't you wait for the unit cannon?

Why do you need the unit cannon AND to manage the business politics behind "release" at the same time?

Because you can have the unit cannon, it has been close to added in a mod, it will eventually be tackled, like offline server, like save games. You just can't have it, AND dictate that release was a failure in light of it.
  5. ace902902

ace902902 Active Member

Nordic games is cracking the whip on uber making them release early. after all, they have a contract and uber has already extended release date once.
  6. squishypon3

squishypon3 Post Master General

The unit cannon was never a selling point.