1. That Dutch Guy

That Dutch Guy New Member

Since there's a topic for moments of epic win, post your fails!

I'll kick off.

Last night, I was playing as a support on Steel Peel. I had a really good firebase placement to cover both bot lanes. The enemy team had two stupid assassins, which meant they'd either kamikazerun at me (shotgun) or facegrapple me (firebase) so they died. A lot.
    Then there was a stupid assault who apparently thought he could take out my firebase by charging it. More kills.
    Finally, there was a party of two supports and a gunner who stayed in the base the ENTIRE time building turrents and getting our bots out, which meant the game lasted a long time. As my load of cash increased by the second, I was starting to think about the Over 9000 protag. That would be awesome.

Anyway, this gave me a streak of 36 (but then I fell to my death getting the Annihilator :lol:) and a buttload of bot kills. Then came the downfall.
    I had juice, so I went killing their turrents. BAD IDEA. As soon as I was finished, their ball went down and my whole team juicerushed it, causing it to fall in less than a minute. Goodbye awesome killstreak, goodbye easy botkills.

I ended up with 54-23-2, and 8624 dollars.

[​IMG]
  2. sxd24

sxd24 Member

Just yesterday, I was an Assault with a 23-killstreak on Spunky Cola, and Bullseye spawns. Me and all of my teammates immediately drop what we're doing and go for him. He drops Bacon, and I pick it up. He dies. I jump down to the bottom level towards my base, preparing to walk the Jackbot. Halfway down from my Jump-Charge, I notice a CRXPLOAD of my health magically disappears. Looking down, I see a MASSIVE wave of enemy Blackjacks (there were seriously around 20+ of them), and they're all firing their lazers at me.

I hit the ground dead. I had just lost Bacon and a potential Uber Streak due to an army of Blackjack lasers. I felt like punting my controller.

Also ended a match with $8902 once. I'll never forget that number. That was just the worst.
  3. Lagoon7

Lagoon7 New Member

8950 endgame cash.

Enough said.

I was seriously pissed.
  4. Bonecrusher

Bonecrusher New Member

I suggest playing a private match vs a group of people and turn over time off. Put the match to 30 mins or more and you'll get the protag along with most of the other players.
  5. MagnumVeritan

MagnumVeritan New Member

Yeah, I kind of want to earn the protag. Not just manipulate things out of the norm so I can have it.

Protags mean little anyway, but one you have to change rules to get is just plain worthless.
  6. That Dutch Guy

Yeah, but I want to get it legit. Now I know it's possible, I want it even more.
  7. FB Zombie Chaos

FB Zombie Chaos New Member

54-23-2???

That's awesome! :D
  8. That Dutch Guy

I know, and I'm happy and all, but it could have been so much better if I hadn't decided to wreck their turrents.
  9. sxd24

sxd24 Member

What he said. Earned every protag I've got, and I intend to keep it that way. Changing rules specifically to get it takes the glory out of just earning it legit.

That being said, I have earned it since that score. That game just made me frustrated beyond all belief.
  10. Obsydianyte

Obsydianyte New Member

Got to a 23 kill streak as an Assassin (unintentionally, people just kept getting in my way while I pushed so I killed them), before being punched out of the ring by the most random Blackjack melee ever.

I laughed, because it was funny, but I also died a little inside.

That said, I HAVE earned the Uber Streak tag recently (as an Assassin! X3), so that makes up for that I guess.

However, I will never, ever forgive that Icemen BlackJack #247.
  11. xknight2099

xknight2099 Member

I had a game on spunky when I went 35-?-1

For the one death I was in there base killing them and I just earned juice but in the 1/2 second it took to press the buttons for juice I died.

I was on the verge of my first uber streak and all time great.
  12. lord_sammy

lord_sammy New Member

I'm pushing bots on the left side and getting ready to camp the enemy bot-spawn when I see it: A lazer blazer! I run up in front of it and begin my taunt, dagger spinning on finger while I'm pumped full of juice--BOOM! Support shotgun.
  13. lDeadEye

lDeadEye New Member

If you earn 8K and win you get the 9k tag. I have 11 over 9k tags, all legit.

I have had several rage moments, but I can't remember them because anytime I rage, I go smoke afterwards... then I'm all good.
  14. slingshot279

slingshot279 New Member

this is exactly why i stopped playing assassin, this happened to me every time i was on a 20+ kill streak with her :evil:
  15. lord_sammy

lord_sammy New Member

So I'm playing Assassin and I'm chasing after a target, lining them up for a lunge-grapple. I hit right bumper, finger primed on the left-trigger....only to miss my target completely and fall off the edge. Oops.

Also, playing Solo Blitz as a Support, I'm out in the open hacking turrets when suddenly several explosions go off at once: I've just lost my Bacon and the Juice I was sitting on to a swarm o' Buzzers. I've since learned to always Juice when I hear them!
  16. Cheesecakecrush

Cheesecakecrush New Member

Fail 'n rage?

99% of the games I get into.
  17. vortexcontinuum

vortexcontinuum Active Member

Getting host in the lobby, then going back to the game to find all your charges are 2x longer. I never get a good connection, so I died 6 times accidentally lunging off the arena. :?
  18. Doglasde0519

Doglasde0519 New Member

I played a game that at most lasted 2 minutes.

In the first 10 seconds an Assasin took down a longshot turret I put up, and the laser turret I put up to try and kill her. Then her and a tank proceeded to tear apart all my turrets. Killing me every time I poked my head out of the spawn room.

I've been stomped before, but that was an all new time record.
  19. Ian

Ian New Member

LOOOOOOL.

Reminds me of that airport security video from the VGAs. "A Needler? Oh, that can't harm anyone! lolololololol"
  20. ManaCorporation

ManaCorporation New Member

Ugh, don't you hate the stupid random bot melee hits that cause you to ring-out? It's just a slap in the face especially when there's NOBODY watching the bots and you have all the time in the world.