Face Cam

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat PC Wishlist' started by taste, February 10, 2011.

1. taste

taste New Member

(searched for "face cam" and got no results)

either I just cant find the command for it in my options panel, or there isnt one.

I am sure this should have been brought up by now, has it? if so then please link to the thread so that I can bump it with a +1 or something, if not, there really is no reason not to want it.

So am i just not seeing this command in game, or does this game not have the face cam yet? my "change camera" option never works for me. any ideas?
  2. Runie

Runie New Member

What the hell is a face cam?
  3. taste

taste New Member

;/ are you really asking me this?
  4. Runie

Runie New Member

Yes I have no clue what you're talking about
  5. BulletMagnet

BulletMagnet Post Master General

He clearly wants too see his own face while playing. It's all the rage in games these days. >_>
  6. The Noid

The Noid New Member

I have also never heard the term face cam.

OP, how about instead of acting condescending you actually answer the question.
  7. Runie

Runie New Member

Thats sounds like the dumbest idea
  8. taste

taste New Member

im sorry,, face cam allows you to click a hotkey to see the opposite direction that you are facing, without turning around.

it has many names, face cam is just one of them, but i would expect the experienced players like yourselves to know this kinda thing. my apologies to anyone that just doesn't know much about gaming.

really? this is the first game that i have played in a long time without it.

the wish list section is for the devs to read, and im pretty sure they know what it is.
  9. BulletMagnet

I've only ever seen that in racing games.

I didn't know MNC involved cars. lol.

But yeah, now that I know what you're talking about, I can see the use for it. That said, I'd just prefer to turn around, that way if there's something there - you're already aiming at it.
  10. PKC

PKC New Member

Screw that. The whole point of these kinds of games is its your responsibility to turn around as well as being aware of your environment. I have never ever played a shooter with something remotely similar, but thats because I dont play shitty titles made for controllers.
  11. taste

taste New Member

12. BulletMagnet

List those games for us, please. I'm curious.
  13. Col_Jessep

Col_Jessep Moderator Alumni

I don't see how this face cam could be of any use to me when I can get a much clearer picture of my environment by just moving my mouse around a little. If MNC had a face cam I would never use it.
  14. taste

taste New Member

15. PKC

PKC New Member

well sure, if you're unable to manage your own 180* spins.

like BM i would like you to name those games, because i've been playing shooters since wolf3D and i've never seen one with face cam (except for 3rd party hacks).
  16. BulletMagnet

And so we have the tally started at one: BF:H.
  17. PKC

PKC New Member

of course we can appreciate the benefits, but im unconvinced it actually makes the game better. certainly i find it a complete abortion in any military-themed shooter (that is, until humans develop eyes in the back of their head).
  18. StriderHoang

StriderHoang New Member

Well that explains why I've never heard of face cam!

Anyways, at this point it just sounds like some niche feature that so far, one third-person shooter of recent memory uses.

And it's a pretty big assumption to think the devs would agree with you that they know what face cam is when the first five people in the thread don't know what it is. It's not like we started playing games yesterday.
  19. BroTranquilty

BroTranquilty New Member

My advice, do it manually. OFTEN. A lot of people don't; Once I get assassinated, I do.

This game seems to be designed around NOT having a "soliton radar", a objective-locator hud, or dynamic camera views. Assassins would get the short end of the stick with that idea. Plus, I am not sure if there is a way to mess with the unreal's camera angles (the devs commented about changing gun direction, this may also be the case with sides and backwards cameras)
  20. Col_Jessep

Col_Jessep Moderator Alumni

No, turn 180 and run backwards for a second or two. Like I said, I wouldn't use it a single time and it would be a complete waste of developer time to implement it.