eXodus needs YOU!

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by Bsport, June 14, 2015.

1. Bsport

Bsport Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

We here at eXodus have hit a point where we need more people power. We are looking for casters, organisers and chat moderators to help with the running of events. If you’d like to help and get involved in eXodus then please apply here

Chat moderator

With any tournament comes the audience and that means chat. We need a chat moderator for our live events, someone who’s fair and thick skinned. You need to be able to handle trolls in a calm and reasonable fashion, setting people straight and only resorting to the stick when all else fails.

Requirements
    • Can read written English (better than Bsport)
    • Can speak English
    • A microphone

Casters

The voice of any eXodus event. We are looking for individuals who can be that voice. You will be able to sell the action, while also making it understandable. When there are lulls you will be able to fill them with interesting analysis, commentary, or just general banter. Someone who has a pride in their work and is able to maintain a professional attitude.

You will be working closely with other eXodus staff to continue to improve eXodus production values.

Requirements
    • An active interest in Planetary Annihilation - keeping up with the meta game and who’s who is essential
    • A grasp of Obs or similar streaming tool
    • Good spoken English
    • Ability to read English
    • Good quality microphone

Tournament Administrator

Tournaments don’t run smooth by all by themselves, we need help getting people to do the right things at the right time. That’s where you come in wielding the carrot and stick like a pro, you should be able to get the most stubborn mule to do a handstand.

A natural organiser, you should be able to take any tournament structure and plan how it will run, from the initial sign-ups, through player communications, to shepherding players on the day.

It can be a thankless task, but events only run as well as the administrators behind them.

Requirements
    • Can speak English and read written English
    • A microphone
    • Good organisational skills
    If any of these sound like something you'd be interested in apply here I look forward to hearing form you.

Bsport
  2. reptarking

reptarking Post Master General

Is there a Signing bonus?
    zihuatanejo likes this.
  3. Planktum

Planktum Post Master General

Do you guys ever host team tournaments?
  4. imperatorurist

imperatorurist Member

You're asking for more people in exodus then there are players?
  5. avatar100400

Who would want to cast for Exodus honestly after the QuitchYourFired incident?.
  6. proeleert

proeleert Post Master General

Yes we did already a couple.
    Well backups are good, so then I can maybe play in a tournament for a change.
  7. cdrkf

cdrkf Post Master General

They fired quitch?
  8. proeleert

proeleert Post Master General

No.
  9. elodea

elodea Post Master General

The community is so small that the hate really isn't necessary. Exodus has put in heaps of effort, far more than anyone else can say they have.

If you're not interested in the OP, then quite honestly keep your trolling off the thread. You might not like exodus or disagree with their methods for whatever reason, but atleast have some respect.
  10. reptarking

reptarking Post Master General

I have applied and will be bringing cake and booz to any American meet ups.
    slocke, Corgiarmy and cdrkf like this.
  11. cwarner7264

cwarner7264 Moderator Alumni

eXodus are a fantastic, friendly bunch of guys who love what they do and frankly offer a extremely impressive level of professionalism to the tournaments which this community enjoys so much. They put in a lot of time, keeping their website up-to-date, writing articles and guides that even Uber use to point players towards.

Having run a few tournaments myself both before eXodus arrived on the scene and after, we as a community have a lot to be grateful to eXodus for. @proeleert's army of bots make keeping tabs on things much less labour-intensive, and make things smoother for players and organisers alike. @Quitch's oft-mocked attention to detail and planning ensure that everyone knows exactly where they stand well in advance, and his promotional videos are absolutely outstanding. @Bsport integrates everything together smoothly into one functioning and easy-to-navigate website, so you can go there for live events, VODs, results etc.

Once I get my internet back (BT pls) I'll happily stream for them - if they'll have me ;)
  12. zihuatanejo

zihuatanejo Well-Known Member

Well said @elodea and @cwarner7264!

I would love to cast for Exodus Esports but I fear my schedule might not comfortable allow for it, especially if tournaments go on for hours and hours. It would require quite a bit of planning on my end and I'd need at least two weeks notice or so.. I wish I could be more flexible. I don't want to apply and then let you down :/
    cdrkf likes this.
  13. avatar100400

I'm not trolling or hating i'm pointing it out as i see it and honestly i'm wondering
    Why all the past Casters left i know there was the QuitchYourFired Incident.
    I'm hoping some of the old casters come back honestly.And who would want to
    Cast? i'd like to see and Exodus ever wanted a side caster i would be up for it.

Quitch came to me and asked me to cast and i said i simply couldn't do it
    Due to them wanting a more live caster but hey i'm willing to help in any Other way.
    And thanks ExodusEsports for featuring my videos and continuing to support the
    Tournament scene for PA.
    Last edited: June 15, 2015
  14. cdrkf

I could potentially help on the planning side. Unfortunately my time is pretty limited so couldn't commit to do things like moderate or cast on a regular basis, although I could help occasionally where my schedule allows It...
    proeleert likes this.
  15. violetania

violetania Well-Known Member

I'm more than happy to help cast or anything else! ^^ I love pa but i need more of a reason to stay cause quite frankly non of my friends i've made in pa really play anymore =P ahaha.
    I stream so i guess that might help casting a little bit? ^^ Anyways, gl finding people =D

edit: I'd also like to express my support to exodus (sorry didn't exactly read the previous posts before i posted because i was on my phone). They are amazing, they seem to have a thankless job and they aren't paid for it. And they're organised! Ahaha.
    And if by QuitchYoureFired thing you mean evil twins thing, agree with it or not, at least it was done to promote a healthier culture i think. ^^
  16. MrTBSC

MrTBSC Post Master General

so you tell me exodus is like 500 people big already?

you mean like binary systems ? yupp
    stuart98 likes this.
  17. Quitch

Quitch Post Master General

Urgh, what ridiculous nonsense. I've tried to avoid speaking about it because it's such childishness, but I guess I'd best get this out the way. This will be the one and only time I address it.

eXodus has only ever had two casters: ZaphodX and WPMarshall. ZaphodX burned out on PA and moved on, and WPMarshall got caught up in his final year at university and was unable to cast. He still has some hardware/Internet issues. We've also used other guest casters, such as Greppy, TheWrongCat and Sorian. One of them has left, one of them doesn't have the connection necessary and one of them no longer has the time. I have taken over streaming in the mean time because we have no one else who can do it, and we had OtterFamily and Bsport cover once as well.

Due to this an approach was made to a pair of other casters and a member of eXodus was working on coaching them to improve their casting. Unfortunately we learned about some misogynistic remarks made by them (directly to another member of the community in one instance). As this isn't compatible with eXodus's approach to an open and friendly community I requested that they make a public apology, at which point they doubled-down. I then informed them "I'm afraid that's not an attitude we can work with and we will not be continuing our relationship with you going forward."
    veep, andreasgg, elodea and 9 others like this.
  18. cdrkf

Well said and good for you standing your ground. It's far too easy for prejudice of any type to go left unchallenged, which only serves to promote further prejudice.
    cptconundrum and mered4 like this.
  19. mered4

mered4 Post Master General

I would help, but I've yet to solidify my schedule to a point where I can predict my free time to a reasonable degree more than a week into the future.

I'm also going to be working with someone else for casting/streaming, at least for the time being. I'll keep that person nameless for now. ;)
  20. wpmarshall

wpmarshall Planetary Moderator

I should have an ETA on my return to casting being early August as I hope to be upgrading my PC around that time. :)