Ever have one of those off days?

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat 360 General Discussion' started by Obsydianyte, November 9, 2010.

1. Obsydianyte

Obsydianyte New Member

You know the ones I mean. The ones where you're playing and you can't seem to pull off anything you want to do properly?

And nothing is going your way?

That day is today for me, haha.

Sometimes I get careless, I admit, and pay attention too much to bots while lane pushing to survey my surroundings, which often gets me killed.

But other times, it's like the world has it in for you, haha. Anyone else ever feel like that during play?
  2. DeadStretch

DeadStretch Post Master General

Yeahhhh, I have those days quite often. When that happen to me in MNC I'll change genres. A good oldstyle platformer usually does me good. Kind of like last night I played some Exit 2.

I find if a transition over to another shooter my brain brings MNC's control scheme with it. lol
  3. Obsydianyte

Obsydianyte New Member

Yeah, I think that's what I need to do. I've been playing MNC straight for so long that I probably need a break, haha.

I've been doing so poorly today that I risk ruining any good reputation I may have built up. After all, if someone comes across you for the first time online and you're having an off day, that leaves a bad impression. And no one wants that.

I think some retro gaming ought to fix whatever bad chi is flowing through my controller, haha.
  4. IlliniJen

IlliniJen New Member

I have off days all the time. Sometimes you feel like a nut, sometimes you don't. Very rarely do I have those Michael Jordanesque days when I'm "in the zone," but when I do, I feel great. Well, even when I'm sucking, I feel great. MNC is a great game and fun to play with friends (who may or may not be sober).
  5. DeadStretch

An fyi, if I am "in the zone" I am usually not sober.
    :ugeek:
  6. Billy Rueben

Billy Rueben New Member

Yes, yes I do have off days. I go to play Rock Band 3 and come back refreshed and ready to kick some ***. I used to always play Rock Band before clan matches. It helps me to see some interesting ways out of tough spots when I play other games later on. I still don't know why.
  7. Saint Mudknot

Saint Mudknot New Member

I get these with HALO mostly. I had a solid week one time where my brain knew what to do but my actions werent on point. It plain sucks
  8. Snappyguy

Snappyguy New Member

My bad days are when the enemy team is having a good day. I do the same in every single game so it's up to them whether I get my money or leave with no bacon .
  9. scathis

scathis Arbiter of Awesome Uber Alumni

I had one of those days on the 'Play the Devs' day. ;)
  10. BigMoneyBill

BigMoneyBill New Member

i have days like those often so i just go play something else for awhile to calm down.
  11. Ninja Wallace

Ninja Wallace New Member

No. Never.

You scrubs.
  12. DeadStretch

Haha, I wonder what your demeanor was like at the water fountain?
  13. Obsydianyte

Obsydianyte New Member

Haha, wow! Glad to see I'm not the only one.

Snappy raises an interesting point. As a team-based game, all the cogs have to work together for things to go smoothly, so, things can go to heck in a handbasket if someone's not pulling their weight!

I won't attribute my off days to the faults of others, but there are times in the game that people are slacking and it doesn't end well for the team said slackers are on.
  14. Billy Rueben

Billy Rueben New Member

Maybe if I wasn't hunting you the entire time I was playing with you you might have done better. Maybe. Nothing quite like giving a developer some slaps and/or melee kills in their own game. Just my way of saying "Thanks for making a great game!".
  15. DeadStretch

Hahaha!

Obsydianyte I have a request?... Could you maybe not have italic text and/or purple colored. It kind of makes it hard to read and screams "I want attention."
    Sorry, A drunk mans words are a sober man's thoughts.

:ugeek: :oops: :D
  16. Obsydianyte

Obsydianyte New Member

Words are hard to read in general when one is drunk, hahaha~

I suppose I can take away the italics and darken the purple. But I like to write in purple because I feel it adds a bit of personality.

At least it's not cyan or lime green, right? Haha. Is this better?
  17. Scias19

Scias19 New Member

i have one of those days allmost all the time but sometimes im in the zone
  18. Mastah

Mastah New Member

This happened to me the last two days, it drove me crazy :cry:

So when it happens I just switch to another game, usually platform or equivalent... Castle Crashers atm :D
    Last edited: November 10, 2010
  19. PlumbumTheEpic

PlumbumTheEpic New Member

I call them lag.

No seriously, I normally play Assassin and Sniper. I'm actually a lot better than I give myself credit for, but it's lagggggy if you have a 1/2 mb interweb connection.
  20. The Onion

The Onion New Member

I can vouch for this :lol: :lol: :lol: