[Error] Failed to unpack one or more files. Check log for details.

Discussion in 'Support!' started by acetylene7, September 14, 2014.

1. acetylene7

acetylene7 Member

I'm unable to play the game due to this error.

[​IMG]

I can't play my game. How do I fix this?

This is where the error occurs in the log:

[19:26:42.738] INFO Writing: /media/ui/main/shared/img/landing_page/sample_bground.png
    [19:26:42.909] INFO 12 errors detected

I deleted the game files in an attempt to force the installer to re-download the files, but it just reverts back to this error regardless.

Running Windows 7 Professional 64bit

Thanks.
  2. zgrssd

zgrssd Active Member

Try deleting the PTE/Stable folder and cache folders. Chances are somethign with those is wrong.
    I looked into the launcher from the outside and there is nothing it can do wrong.
  3. Nullimus

Nullimus Well-Known Member

upload_2014-9-14_17-53-11.png

[17:43:12.494] INFO Decompressing: /media/ui/main/shared/img/commanders/img_raptor_rallus.png
    [17:43:12.494] INFO Writing: /media/ui/main/shared/img/landing_page/sample_bground.png
    [17:43:12.541] INFO 5 errors detected”

The number of errors has been varying from 3 to 9.
    Troubleshooting I have done.
    Updated drivers
    Checked for write protected folders.
    Uninstalled and reinstalled
    Installed to entirely different directory.

Windows 7 Home Premium
  4. Nullimus

Attempted these steps and no change.
  5. zgrssd

zgrssd Active Member

It is odd. I tried to get this error so I could figure out what went wrong, but it just keeps working without a hitch for me. So it must hinge on something very, very odd.
    I deleted the PTE folder and redownloaded the PTE yesterday (I had just copied the stable and verified on first installation)
    Today I deleted the stable and redownloaded the stable.
    One oditiy I noticed is that the launcher only seems to have downloaded 51/52 packages

I have: Windows 8.1 x64

I need to start a seperate thread about it. There must be a way to figure out what is common between those that have issues.

There are two alternative download routes:
    Download via Steam:
    http://www.uberent.com/pa/faq/
    Point 3

Or use the alternative go launcher:
    https://forums.uberent.com/threads/alternative-go-launcher-build-for-windows.59287/

Currently PTE and stable gamefiles seem to be identical (aside from a wierd .gz in the stable folder and some logs). So if you can download the PTE you chould just copy the contents over into the stable folder, then verify stable (of course that should not work either.
  6. acetylene7

acetylene7 Member

I've already deleted everything and re-installed the launcher but yet I get the same error. I requested a steam key a couple of days ago but no response, and I'm not going to trust a third party launcher.
  7. Sundagger

Sundagger New Member

I have exactly the same problem on Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit; launcher update a while ago and build 71937 never installs properly... ends with the "Failed to unpack...." message reported.

Have deleted and re-tried entire install a few times and have got a range of 3, 6, 9 and 12 errors (all related to
    opening bundles "[20:23:10.255] ERROR Failed to open bundle 8e049947d79ec72b1e3e2296d75bea9d9cc49751" each error occurs 3 times hence the 3/6/9/12 pattern (i.e. 1, 2, 3 or 4 bundles fail to open). I have checked that all these bundles are present and have even deleted each 'failed' bundle and run the verify option... no help..

When verifying, the launcher gets to "(51 out of 52 packages downloaded) or "(50 out of 52 packages downloaded)" then switches to "Decompressing update" ... i.e. never see 52/52. Whilst "Decompressing update" when the progress bar reaches the end, the launcher bombs to the "Failed to unpack one or more files. Check log for details." dialogue box... end of story
  8. explodian

explodian New Member

Yep, same error on Windows 7 64-bit with the most recent build.
  9. iamzod

iamzod New Member

Same issue here, fresh install as only just purchased, this does not bode well and I have therefore requested either a steam key or refund.
  10. Nullimus

I may have stumbled across a work around. Without thinking about that fact that PA was not working I ran it from one of my other user profiles on my windows 7 machine. The install went right through and now I can run it on my primary login as well.

If this fix proves out the problem must be in some of the user profile files.
  11. DeathByDenim

DeathByDenim Post Master General

Well, that or:
    :)

It turned out to be a race condition.
  12. jorgenpt

jorgenpt Uber Programmer Uber Alumni

If anyone is still seeing this problem, please let me know, and include what version of the launcher you're using. It should say in the bottom left of the main launcher window ("Launcher vXXXXX")
    cdrkf likes this.