Energy costs?

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by zhaii, June 25, 2014.

1. zhaii

zhaii Active Member

I've done some searching but cant find energy costs of units or buildings anywhere?

It would be nice to know at least at what rate they will be using during their construction.

Thanks
  2. KNight

KNight Post Master General

Easy Answer is that the Energy Cost of something isn't directly tied to WHAT is being built, instead it's based on WHO is building it.

The more complex/descriptive answer is something that is probably best left to someone else to describe right now, I'm in the middle of a big post! xD

Mike
    PeggleFrank likes this.
  3. emraldis

emraldis Post Master General

buildings and fabbers use a certain amount of energy while constructing. Basic bot and vehicle fabbers use 1000 while their respective factories use 500 (or something like that). This means that while building, those units will put a drain of (whatever their energy use) on to your power. Likewise, each unit uses metal at a set rate, and that will affect the build speed of whatever is being built. If you want to see how much power a unit is using simply hover your mouse over it and take a look in the bottom-right hand corner, it'll say how much energy and metal the unit is using at the moment.
    PeggleFrank likes this.
  4. brianpurkiss

brianpurkiss Post Master General

As KNight said, it matters who's building. Is it a basic fabber, an advanced fabber, or factory?

Check out the PA Matches wiki.

Specifically the Fabricators and Factories page.
    zhaii likes this.
  5. KNight

KNight Post Master General

Okay now that I'm done my other post let me try and give a couple Examplesusing Arbitrary figures.

So say you have a Factory that builds at 20 Metal/Second(M/s) and it needs 500 Energy/Second(E/s) to power itself when building.

Say it can build 2 units, Tank A what costs 100 Metal, and Tank B that costs 250 Metal.

There is also Engineer A that builds at 10M/s at a cost of 350 E/s

So the Factory builds Tank A, builds the Tanks costs 100 Metal and the Factory builds at 20 M/s, the Tank takes 5 seconds to build which means it "cost" the Factory 2500 Energy to build the Tank over those 5 seconds.

If the Factory were to then build Tank B, which costs 250 Metal, it would take 12.5 seconds and would "cost" the Factory 6250 Energy over the 12.5 Seconds.

An Engineer works the same way when build structures(just replace "Factory" with "Engineer" and "Tank" with "Structure") but Engineers can also Assist, it's still the same process but just to cover all the bases lets do one more example;

Say you have a Factry Building Tank B with TWO Engineers Assisting it. The Factory and TWO Engineers build at a combined 40 M/s, which means the Tank takes only 6.25 Seconds and would "cost" the Factory 3125 energy and the TWO Engineers 4375 energy for a combined energy Cost of 7500 energy.

Questions?

Mike