Emphasize Stars on Servers

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat PC Discussion' started by grayfox, July 6, 2011.

1. grayfox

grayfox Active Member

Every time I log on, there are brand new players prostrating themselves on 5 star servers. Every match is one sided, because I am the only veteran. The chance of another veteran logging into the server is very slim. It needs to be emphasized that new players should play 3 or 4 star servers so they don't get roflstomped.
  2. bluekachina

bluekachina Member

Just to be the devil's advocate...
    One can learn much by playing against a superior opponent.
  3. DeadStretch

DeadStretch Post Master General

Maybe if what those stars mean were explained they would understand. I am assuming it doesn't explain Star Rating anywhere in game.
  4. grayfox

grayfox Active Member

Nope. it don't!
  5. daztora

daztora New Member

Take Star out problem solved. There's no matchmaking In TF2 just scrambles on vote or auto scrambles though It would be difficult to do with MNC because of the how the matches work. No quick rounds, maybe that's what It Is lacking.
  6. MrHTRW

MrHTRW New Member

Or just rage and leave which seems to happen to me alot.
  7. BillNyeTheScienceGuy

BillNyeTheScienceGuy New Member

Give new players one button that just says "Let's play!" which automagically finds the lowest star server available running standard rules and drops them in. Problem solved assuming enough 3 star severs.
  8. white-o2

white-o2 New Member

There's way more 5 star servers than 3 star. IMO just remove the star ratings and have exclusive servers for higher level players to join if they please.
  9. NeoCyberman

NeoCyberman Active Member

^Here here.
  10. Xx Tikki xX

Xx Tikki xX New Member

and how would you do this? like how would you be able to judge the higher level players from the lower? because obviously some lower levels will join and then rage when they get stomped....
  11. white-o2

white-o2 New Member

Sorry, what I meant was that the system should be revised. Rather than restrict players above 4* above from 3* servers, have it such that 3* can't join 5*.

But have 5* be able to join 3*. That will make 3* the standard servers, and 5* will be exclusive to higher rating players.
  12. Vlane

Vlane New Member

W/L ratio, but I prefer an actual warning like "This is a high level server, get stomped son.".
  13. MrHTRW

MrHTRW New Member

And still have 5 stars pub stomping whenever they want? This thread is about avoiding that buddy.
  14. white-o2

white-o2 New Member

thought it was about new players joining the 5* servers. I might have misunderstood.

Vlane's idea might works tho.
  15. Robbert

Robbert New Member

Make that when your 3* you can only join 3* or 4* servers, when your 4* only 4* and 5* and when your 5* you get an mesagge: Be nicer to this world. After that your allowed to join 5* servers.
  16. grayfox

grayfox Active Member

On a related note, is 5.00 the maximum now? I remember being able to go over it in the past, but now I just keep swapping around between 4.84, 4.92, and 5.00
  17. MrHTRW

MrHTRW New Member

Yep.
  18. Dagoth Wit

Dagoth Wit New Member

This. I just started playing the PC version and had no clue what that meant. I thought it referred to how good the server was lol. There's also no explanation of the rating system. I came here to find out and found this thread instead. Thanks for the help.
  19. DeadStretch

DeadStretch Post Master General

"A 5 star server?!! I guess the community must really like this server to rate it a 5!"

Now that Dagoth Wit mentioned it I do have a feeling that this is what the new comers are thinking the star rating mean, but then what do they think about their personal star rating?

"Are other players rating my performance?"
  20. Z-UNIT

Z-UNIT Active Member

go a different way
    have a lvl limit say no one below lvl 70 can join as once you get to lvl 70 you bloody well should know how to play the game