Elimination Bot Buff

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat PC Wishlist' started by NeoCyberman, July 16, 2011.

1. NeoCyberman

NeoCyberman Active Member

I have begun to notice how useless some bots are.

Scramblers

They are slow, loud, and if you let one catch you you deserve it.

I think that scramblers should be a bit faster given their fragility. One idea tossed around is giving them cloaking. One idea I've had is them making it hard for the opponent to see but it would have to be implemented well. Whatever happens to them they need a bit more power or speed. Possible something that complements of mimics the sniper's ability.

Buzzers

Okay this one is mostly map based. On many maps you will find that the buzzers can get stuck. Though they do keep the opponent a little bit frazzled with trying to not get buzzered but the chances of them actually getting hit is low as the buzzers just cannot make a coordinated effort.

The simplest answer to these issues I can think of is to make them fly higher above the map before they come down. That way they can hit exposed targets and home in on those under cover.

The harder solution is better AI.
  2. zodiark1234

zodiark1234 New Member

For Scramblers, how bout if a pro gets close, that pro gets slowed down, similar to a Shaveice affect, but doesn't affect cloaked Assassins.
  3. RayHanley

RayHanley New Member

the skill drain tether kinda still gives away though

a slow would be nice and combined with a speed buff would make them more of an eliminator bot :D
    (currently they're eliminator bots that walk like breach bots, iirc)
  4. tomjack

tomjack New Member

Thank you very much.
  5. windows2000pro

windows2000pro New Member

Scramblers are pretty much useless as they are now, they are very noticeable and you just pick them off at a distance. Speed buff would probably be the best, easiest thing to do to make them more effective.

Buzzers? Those are even in crossfire? They are rarely used, and even when they are they don't seem to do much in crossfire matches. Better AI or perhaps that flying high thing might work.

Bouncers are good, Gap Shots are good on levels where they can actually shoot, gremlins are pretty good too. Buzzers and Scramblers are really the only eliminators with problems.