Duke Nukem Forever coming (?) on Xbox 360

Discussion in 'Unrelated Discussion' started by baboy1337, January 16, 2010.

1. baboy1337

baboy1337 New Member

[​IMG]

Yet another leaked picture, this time probably a screenshot from a yet unreleased video. This seems to confirm year-long speculations about the X360 version of the game coming, already fueled a year or so ago when George Broussard said to be working on the X360 pad layout (though not confirming which game back then).

Whatever will happen to Duke Nukem Forever, at least we know it should be coming to the X360 aswell.
  2. neutrino

neutrino low mass particle Uber Employee

I'm pretty sure Duke Nukem is dead. Anything is possible though.
  3. baboy1337

baboy1337 New Member

3DR laid off the internal development team. They don't have much money (though the big guys do have a lot of cash, I doubt they'd reach their own pockets to finish the game). Take 2 is suing 3D Realms because they didn't finish the game. Every other major Duke Nukem game's development is halted.

Things look terrible, but at least in the past 8 months or so we actually got a confirmation: yes, DNF exists, and it isn't too far from finish. The problem is, it is already outdated, so if 3DR wins the lawsuit and finds the money, the best option would be restarting the game AGAIN, taking more years to finish the game however.

But as you said, anything is possible.
  4. neutrino

You've summed up the situation quite well. I just don't see how they get out of the current situation. Due to the lawsuit information is hard to come by. I hope they do manage to pull it off somehow though.
  5. baboy1337

baboy1337 New Member

Indeed, I've been waiting for this game since I was 8 or 9 I think. This year I'll be 20.
  6. neutrino

Were you actually a fan of the original? I played a ton of it when it came out.
  7. Col_Jessep

Col_Jessep Moderator Alumni

Oh we had LANs over several days with the Duke, awesome fun at the time. Can't say I'm holding my breath for DNF though. And after 12 year of announcing it only to delay it again the Duke has a real problem. I think if they really would release the game now the fans expectations would be so high they could not probably meet them. It could be an awesome game by all modern standards but it would most likely still fall short of the expectations.
  8. baboy1337

baboy1337 New Member

Duke Nukem 3D was one of THE games for me. I was playing Doom 2 to death back in the days, and while it never became that important in my life, I must have finished Duke a dozen times aswell. I still play it sometimes, and I'm probably going to buy it on the X360 too because it's a bit hard to find a proper match on the PC nowadays. The game's originality, humor, interactivity and plain awesomeness are hard to forget. If Duke Nukem Forever could have even a tenth of all that awesome, we'd be in for quite a treat.