Don't have access to Titans but files still there...

Discussion in 'Support!' started by nixtempestas, August 20, 2015.

1. nixtempestas

nixtempestas Post Master General

I've already sent a ticket in to support, but I felt like doing some troubleshooting of my own while I wait.

The situation: I got an original KS key from a friend (it was easier for him to buy two and give me one than for me to do it myself at the time. Been haunting me since), but haven't gotten Titans

This doesn't really surprise me, as I never got the badge or commander either, I just didn't bother with it since I really didn't care. What I think is a bit strange is after patching this morning, I now have what looks like all the expansion game files (it was a 1.37 GB download if that helps) but don't appear to have access to the actual expansion in game.

So my question is this: Are those files supposed to be there if you don't have the expansion? if not, any ideas on how I can "activate" the expansion so I can actually play it?
  2. radongog

radongog Well-Known Member

Simple answer: Yes.
    Detailed answer: The update makes the game ready for purchasing the addon+tweaks the vanilla game! Everybody who gone for the second key of a double keypackage has to rebuy!
  3. nixtempestas

wasn't a double key package, was two pledges by the same person.

At least it cost the same amount.
  4. cola_colin

cola_colin Moderator Alumni

5. nixtempestas

Last edited: August 20, 2015
  6. cola_colin

7. nixtempestas

found the post, didn't read your post closely enough :)

upload_2015-8-20_15-53-28.png
  8. cola_colin

sorry for the confusion
  9. nixtempestas

that was my fault, had a small heart attack and stopped thinking...
  10. Matster

Matster Active Member

Sad thing is there already people on Steam who are playing with Titan units in PA since just copying them in to PA folder makes them playable. There are a couple of screenshots already on Steam that show that.
    nixtempestas likes this.
  11. nixtempestas

That is why I was a little confused, it would be simple to mod all those in...

then again, Uber has never been too concerned about DRM, which is a good thing.
  12. thetrophysystem

thetrophysystem Post Master General

It would only really work on singleplayer, no? Still wouldn't work on multiplayer, unless it does.

Either way, honestly I wouldn't really care, I would back every penny Uber got from legitimate sales and the entitled people can just do what they do best just now with less whining.

Btw, technically they could have downloaded the files and inserted them into singleplayer anyway off someone who did have titans. Textbook definition of piracy, but it was possible.
  13. Matster

Matster Active Member

Yeah, Uber is basically using the same folders with units and other stuff and they are already there in PA just inactive in folder pa_ex1 and if you copy them to pa you get everything that is in Titans. This is now more or less known on Steam. Sadly this will mean that a lot of people will basically pirate the game out of dissatisfaction.

Example of person playing with titans stuff in pa vanilla: http://images.akamai.steamuserconte...230/46439CA22A9FEDCDA7E5796861CB1CAE99798653/

Another example of titan units in PA vanilla being used: http://images.akamai.steamuserconte...281/049FE0220E24C4254D96D63F5674096DE8E9FECC/
    Last edited: August 20, 2015
  14. nixtempestas

pretty sure the extra game mode and such will not be accessible.
  15. cola_colin

yep it's a half broken hack for single player they seem to have.
    Uber isn't wasting time and money on stupid DRM mechanisms, the funny thing is I am sure many of those trolls actually next time can be found hating some AAA publisher for their horrible DRM systems.
    stuart98 likes this.