Does Anyone Play Assault Besides Me!?

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat 360 General Discussion' started by Polynomial, August 16, 2010.

1. Polynomial

Polynomial Moderator Alumni

I'm not sure why, but it seems to me assault is like one of the least played classes. He's weak on Steel Peel yeah but I constantly place 1st on my team with him. He is the jack of all trades class in this game. Anyone else notice this or is it just me?
  2. The_Jx4

The_Jx4 New Member

Assault is reserved for the chosen ones.
  3. Polynomial

I agree!
  4. The_Jx4

The_Jx4 New Member

I've been playing Assault since day 1, the only other classes I have touched is Sniper and Assassin, not my style.
  5. Arcell

Arcell New Member

I've seen more and more Assaults each day I play. Hell earlier I was fighting a team with 3 of them.
  6. Sir Edgworth

Sir Edgworth New Member

it might be a racist thing... jk lol

I tried assault and I was having a hard time getting the hang of it, but in the morning I am going to try some new endorsements. I was thinking going with:

Rate of Fire, Critical Shot, and Accuracy

or

Armor, Critical shot, and Rate of Fire - For matches with a lot of assassins.
  7. Spooze

Spooze New Member

I've been using the assault. Gutta get the hang of it, but its a good all-round class. Certain people are meant for it.
  8. Polynomial

I'm still experimenting with endorsements. Needless to say, assault is my favorite. I like being able to do a bit of everything and this class is the best creep farmer. Not to mention we have the one shot kill with Grapple 3 if you aim it correctly =P
  9. The_Jx4

The_Jx4 New Member

SHORYUKEN!

Seriously...he needs a VO for that.
  10. KahLriK

KahLriK New Member

I tried Sniper during the trial, Assassin when I first got the game, and then Assault for a while.

I REALLY liked Assault, I had my first 30+ kill game with him.... But then I unlocked my first Custom Class and got the right endorsement combo down for the Assassin.

Now that I've practiced with the Assassin class, everything else just feels wrong.

Stuff dies too slowly, I move to slowly, I can't turn invisible, I can't shoot shurikens, I don't look as attractive...

I just can't get into the groove.
  11. vvipeout

vvipeout New Member

I play as an Assault and have a rape setup and got at least +20 every game
  12. Fojib270

Fojib270 New Member

Iv been playing assault since day 1 and love it :D
  13. The_Jx4

The_Jx4 New Member

lmao, that's mind lag.

Try playing Halo 3, then playing MW2 for two weeks, then trying to jump back into Halo.
    I haven't experienced mindlag with this game yet, cuz I haven't played anything else in awhile.
  14. Kamikaze

Kamikaze New Member

I play Assault all the time and I'm loving it! Still messing with different endorsements, but I always make that class look GOOD on the battlefield no matter what I got.
  15. Jebiga

Jebiga New Member

In crossfire i almost only play assault.

Short before the 500 kills with the rifle Protag atm.
  16. FiercelyFuzzy

FiercelyFuzzy New Member

I play Assault whenever I don't have anyone on to play. Normal go 40->5
  17. Doom

Doom New Member

I'm the exact opposite lol. I play Assault when I'm with a party because of how good of a teamshot class it is, but I can't stand playing as him playing solo because of the lack of teamwork.
  18. FiercelyFuzzy

FiercelyFuzzy New Member

I normally run a Support/Tank combo when with friends....unless their is that annoying(insert class here) then I'll switch to Assault and finish him off.
  19. VagaBond007

VagaBond007 New Member

I've exclusively played Assault since the beginning. I was unaware that they're weak on Steel Peel, though. I've never had any problems. That's actually my favorite map because I feel like I can get around it so quickly and easily compared to others.

I agree, though. I haven't seen many other Assaults. I also didn't see an "ASSAULT IS OVERPOWERED!!!" thread, so maybe that's why people aren't playing it, haha. Usually, people only complain about our ability to Juice a moneyball down.
  20. Polynomial

Well, they're weaker on Steel Peel because the map is a dome. It makes Grapple 3 weaker by default, which can be the source of a high percentage of kills.