Does anyone else plan on live streaming alpha?

Discussion in 'Backers Lounge (Read-only)' started by crazymilkshake5, April 20, 2013.

1. crazymilkshake5

crazymilkshake5 New Member

It would be amazing, granted that nobody objects, haha
  2. KNight

KNight Post Master General

Whether or not such activities will be 'allowed' yet is unknown and is being actively discussed here;

viewtopic.php?f=61&t=45421&start=30

Mike
  3. Cheeseless

Cheeseless Member

Well, garat just posted in my thread that they don't have specific plans but he thinks we will be allowed to post videos on Youtube. I bet it'll be no different for streaming. I'm only not streaming PA because i don't and will not by then have fast enough upload.
  4. thetrophysystem

thetrophysystem Post Master General

I plan on streaming it as much as I plan on streaming your mama on the most popular gentlemen's site.

On a serious note, when my roommate isn't home I will probably snag his computer to demonstrate "hooking" and "informative" gameplay for those just discovering the game.

Not so much stream. Probably more helpful for the life of the game though. I am still trying to even convince my roommates to check into this game. They are used to "storage" economy rts games, and besides this game's wider expanse of gameplay the economy isn't as tricky as it is made to seem. Yet, the streaming economy is the single thing that intimidates most people I first introduce the game to, as they all come from storage economy rts games. I am just trying to tell them to take this in as a new game altogether, and learn it as they first learned CoD4 or Elder Scrolls.
    Last edited: April 20, 2013
  5. cola_colin

cola_colin Moderator Alumni

I probably will stream the alpha, if and only if UBER allows it.
  6. thetrophysystem

thetrophysystem Post Master General

I am not going to lie, on the point I made above you, I will definitely be showing gameplay to my roommates reguardless. I hope my honesty is at least appreciated.

Hey, it is sort of "personal relation's interest". I mean, does the NDA apply to one's parents if it is a child backing this game and playing it in alpha? I am sure this situation exists.

I was always considering reguardless to show my roommates alpha gameplay and beyond, as well as letting them play the occasional game on my copy and account. They are mainly into HUMANvsAI anyway, they will know whether or not they want it after a handful of "skirmishes" or a galactic war.
  7. trialq

trialq Post Master General

Careful now. Maybe it would be better to cover the monitor in an opaque sheet, use headphones, and install security cameras and motion sensors to ensure unauthorised persons are well out of enjoyment range. Deployment of a Faraday cage is optional but highly recommended :D
  8. cola_colin

cola_colin Moderator Alumni

Showing the game to friends and showing it to random people on the internet are two entirely different things. Even with a real NDA I doubt anybody would care much about close friends or family watching over your shoulder.
  9. krashkourse

krashkourse Member

I will open my livestream back up when i start alpha
  10. asgo

asgo Member

allowed or not, I personally don't really see the point of live streaming the alpha.
    Sure, documenting the state of the alpha might have some worth, but screenshots and short videos of specific points of interest would suffice for that. In that context, I don't think streaming longer stuff live really does add something.
    It might even imply a more "final" state of the game than intended, in particular for anyone catching a stream uninformed and without context.
  11. vidroth

vidroth New Member

I will certainly stream the heck out of it, if Uber doesn't forbid it.

If they say no, I will be a sad panda.
  12. meltedcandles

meltedcandles Member

[​IMG]
  13. Sorian

Sorian Official PA

Once the AI starts coming together I may livestream some during alpha/beta.
  14. Col_Jessep

Col_Jessep Moderator Alumni

Have people watch live how I fail to multitask my units on 3 different Planets and get Com-sniped by Sorians AI? Hell no! :p
  15. iampetard

iampetard Active Member

I will stream it most probably and die a lot to Sorian's AI. Dammit Sorian..

I'm not sure will streaming it make sense though, perhaps simply showing the game to others is the only reason. Since its Alpha, playing for the sake of playing and having epic gameplays and stuff kinda makes no sense since we will be playing it to test all functionalities and we can expect crashes/bugs/errors.

Once the full game is released I plan to make vids daily though, anything and everything about the game. :mrgreen:
  16. Cheeseless

Cheeseless Member

Ok fellas seein' as there's quite a lot of people who want to make vids or stream we should put together a thread so people can know our nicknames, channels, and e-mail addresses so that replays and contacts can be sent around. I'm planning on asking for replays to cast at any level while there isn't any ranking system implemented. I might make a thread to collect all of this information in one post at the end of this month. I'll post it in the lounge (makes more sense) and you can answer it with whatever info you'd like to have shared to players. Also this way everyone gets a lot of publicity asap. :p

Maybe you could even add what you plan to do with the channel. Playing with or without commentary, casting, tutorialing, machinima'ing, gosh darned sexy Kbot posing, whatever!
  17. crazymilkshake5

crazymilkshake5 New Member

Thatd be cool.
  18. Cheeseless

Cheeseless Member

Then on April 30th, after my Wave Physics 101 test, i do hereby commit myself to create a thread for the above purposes.
  19. iampetard

iampetard Active Member

And I very much look forward to posting all of my information in there! That place will be perfect for creepy bastards..

I would also very much like to dual cast with some other people and that stuff, should be an exciting year for us wannabe famous youtubers :mrgreen:
  20. Cheeseless

Cheeseless Member

I just put up the thread.
    You can all start PM'ing me or posting there to get your info up.