Do skilled players still build lazer turrets?

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat 360 Strategy and Tactics' started by Black Jack Davy, December 9, 2010.

1. Black Jack Davy

Black Jack Davy New Member

With their decreased effectiveness against pro's post-DLC and the tank's ability to deploy and juice off of them in about five seconds, I find myself reluctant to build lazer turrets now. Plus, rockit turrets are so much more economical now.

Do you still build lazer blazers post-DLC and, if so, how do use them?
  2. krunkthuzad

krunkthuzad New Member

I'm no skilled player but aw hell naw, there is no reason to build a laser.blazer over rockits or shave ice for the exact reasons you listed, and also they are taken out very easily and you are left with a smoldering nub.
  3. Billy Rueben

Billy Rueben New Member

Yup. They still work as intended: as a last ditch defense.
  4. BroTranquilty

BroTranquilty New Member

if you have no turrets left, you have two options. no turrets and the bots walk right on past to the ball, or lazors to deal with the bots and you deal with the pros yourself.

if you have no more turrets, and you are pushed to your base, build moneyball ring lazors and keep an eye on them. a shotgun gives a player a little more juice than they care to have :|

turret stops bots, you stop pros, hey, at least its something.
  5. FB Zombie Chaos

FB Zombie Chaos New Member

After watching Hudson juice like 8 times off of them, I stopped building LBs...

Only as a last ditch effort when there is nothing else.
  6. SHOW YOUR HEART

SHOW YOUR HEART New Member

You'll like his newest upload later today, then.
  7. FB Zombie Chaos

:shock:
  8. DeadStretch

DeadStretch Post Master General

Just because Tanks can build Juice off of them doesn't mean every Tank out there knows that. Since we started doing this the only other players I see do it are the forum goers.

Anyways, Yes I still build them if there are no turrets in my base and the bots are closing in. Better to keep my ball up then to fight the enemies off to try and get it to go back up.
  9. JaneWayne

JaneWayne New Member

The only time I will ever play Tank is to juice off of LBs and wreck havock :| And I refuse to play him cuz of speed. So no, I do not build them anymore. I typical rack up about 1 to 2K by the time our turrets are down and just buy Rockits now (as an Assassin [or some other classes] though. If I play Sniper I whore all my money into Sniper upgrades xD). It eats up more money but having several level 2 Rockits are more worth it.
  10. IPUR3 EVIL

IPUR3 EVIL New Member

Only when i see an unused turret nub an have few but spare dollars.
  11. FB Zombie Chaos

Hmmm. That's true. Only the forumers seem to do this... Still though, if I do build one it will be a 3.3 no less.
  12. Randomdude02

Randomdude02 Member

Never. Never ever. Especially with the decreased cost for turrents.
  13. JackTrips

JackTrips New Member

If enough forumgoers do it, it will become widespread.

Nobody's mentioned the fact that any class can get a lot of juice just by taunting in front of them.
  14. Randomdude02

Randomdude02 Member

I thought that was common knowledge on the forums.

Easy way to get juice. Find Lv.1 - 3.3 Laser Blazer. Taunt in front of until juice is gained. Slaughter everything BUT Laser Blazer. Repeat.
  15. Leonyx

Leonyx New Member

Is that really a viable technique? I can't believe that a team would just allow someone to sit in front of their turret without some form of resistance, even if the team was made of randoms. I know I certainly wouldn't.
  16. Billy Rueben

Billy Rueben New Member

The biggest problem now is that you have to guard your Lazor Blazors which you bought to guard something else. This isn't always an effective setup.

However, I usually buy a Lazor Blazor if there is a RockIt turret or a firebase nearby.
  17. lDeadEye

lDeadEye New Member

This! Selfish Oxy kids. :(

If you really need to, build them.. But half of the time I'd rather just control bot lanes than build shitty turrets.
  18. The Dude 421

The Dude 421 New Member

Lulz. "Oh ****, I didn't mean to do that"
  19. Randomdude02

Randomdude02 Member

Well, that's assuming you know about that weakness, know when/where the opponent is doing it for the full five seconds it takes to taunt. I've been killed a couple of times while attempting it, but it was pretty obvious the didn't know what I was doing. It's not like there's a bar showing HOW juiced you are.
  20. Leonyx

Leonyx New Member

So the main thing is that it happens so fast that it's hard to respond to it in time? Do you really get full juice in 5 seconds? I've never tried it, and I haven't seen anyone else do it.