Do Ring Outs give too much money?

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat 360 Feedback and Issues' started by Vuther, September 14, 2010.

1. Vuther

Vuther New Member

I really wonder if and extra $75 is really necessary for Ring Outs. For one thing, they can happen rather regularly in around half the areas of the map. It also becomes penalizing to take armour for the lower HP classes, because dying to a a charge or grapple gives your enemy much less than getting flung out of the arena.

Here's the skills that can ring you out.

Tank Charge.
    Assault Charge.
    Assault Bomb.
    Gunner Slam.
    Gunner Grapple.
    Sniper Grapple.

The Support and Assasin aren't on the list, as you can see. I really don't think I can discuss this, but I'm pretty sure the two classes aren't powerful enough to justify missing out on such large amounts of cash. I really don't know what would be a reasonable ballpark number for what ring outs should give, but I'm pretty certain that $100 is an awful lot for what can be quite reasonably expected from the Assault and Gunner classes (what with the two skills that can ring out).
  2. Bambam Bm

Bambam Bm New Member

As a Sniper and Assault you should be getting ringouts left and right in matches. The only real way a Support and Assassin can get a ringout is from an Ejector which you have to constantly spend money everytime to do it.
  3. Leonyx

Leonyx New Member

I think that the $100 is a typo; it's the same as a regular kill.
  4. DeadStretch

DeadStretch Post Master General

Taken from the title update blog:
  5. Vuther

Vuther New Member

Hmmm, never noticed that. Thanks.

Guess I'll have to see the new total to make a comment on how that'll turn out.
  6. Bambam Bm

Bambam Bm New Member

Currently some people get the 100$ and some don't, so only the ones who get the right amount can see how much of a difference it is on how quickly you can upgrade your skills, etc.
  7. Leonyx

Leonyx New Member

Oh, really? My mistake.
  8. Shammas

Shammas New Member

Btw you forgot the tank's railgun grapple.
  9. OptiMAT

OptiMAT New Member

Nah they're cool and can be quite difficult, money well earned. If you get them from Ejector etc. that's some real good times. Bomb and stuff can be difficult because you have to time it right and hope they dont hit something on the way out. Considering the money you have to spend to get such skills up to a point where a ringout is possible I'm going to have to say 100$ seems like a good amount.
  10. MikeLanglois

MikeLanglois New Member

Whats the actual reward if they arnt $100?

I'v always gotten $100 lol
  11. Bambam Bm

Bambam Bm New Member

Its a bug where some people get 100$ and some only get 25$ as a regular kill
  12. RACIN N420N

RACIN N420N New Member

I've gotten $0 for a ring out on several occasions.... I didn't even get the 25 for the kill... :/

it was still popping up 'ring out - $100' but I wasn't getting any of it...
  13. Amaranth

Amaranth New Member

I was gonna say. The 100 dollar note pops up, but sometimes my cash doesn't go up at all.
  14. scathis

scathis Arbiter of Awesome Uber Alumni

We've fixed this in the patch. You never got $100 for it, only $25.