DLC Great Ideas Shadowed

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat 360 General Discussion' started by Bambam Bm, December 1, 2010.

1. Bambam Bm

Bambam Bm New Member

Heres a thread for everyone to post what they love about this DLC, since every other thread is talking about the negative "Juice" problem, not even recongizing the good things gotten out of this DLC.

For example, no more Constant Insta Health Juice
    And Spunky!
  2. JuniorBarnes

JuniorBarnes New Member

Storm Windows. I'm loving them.
  3. Vinticus

Vinticus New Member

I've yet to find anything that the DLC added that I DIDN'T like. The flak effect looks awesome, the HUD after death looks much more refined, cloaks look more cloak-like, balance issues fixed.

I don't get all the hype about assassins. I can still kill them off with ease, granted the class I play most now is tank.
  4. Sengoku no Maou

Sengoku no Maou New Member

The new loading screens are beyond amazing. Beyond that I haven't really had any positive or negative things happen to me.
  5. Rev Rabies

Rev Rabies New Member

In reference to the assassins, the front shuriken grapple helps, but not a lot, she really doesn't play too differently.

Churros, are, a, maze, ING.

Icemen pitgirl is awesome

loading screens rock.

I already have about 20 or so of the melee highlight protag

Best of all, i got to play it with the devs (scathis + shadowstorm) today :D

"Hey look, it's our loveable mascot bullseye! KIIL HIM! KILL HIM NOW!"
  6. ROWAN1551

ROWAN1551 New Member

I love the lazer razer Tunnel Jump pads

And the changes to Ammo Mule and steel peel are just great

The new protags are great

and I loved playing SSDB
  7. DeadStretch

DeadStretch Post Master General

I got my only ever melee kill...and on Scathis! :twisted:
  8. PohTayToez

PohTayToez New Member

I only had a chance to play one game this morning, but I like everything so far. Sniper didn't get nerfed too hard, love the new flak, love the new Mickey lines, new loading screens, and everything else. Probably the number one thing for me is fixing the juice glitch, though. I've gotten pretty decent at killing juiced pros since the DLC, and I can't wait to start going against non-invincible supports.
  9. Edward Coug

Edward Coug New Member

No more invincible juiced tanks either. I found that, if I deployed while juiced in the line of fire of multiple turrets and pros, the juice-healing glitch would sometimes activate.
  10. rich merry

rich merry New Member

the new spunky cola arena is a killfest for gunners, i've managed to pull off some sweet melee kills, but you've got to ask why would someone run strait at a fully revved up gunner?

the windows have helped change up the snipers game without nerfs or whatnot.

but the best thing, the best thing of all is the support drinking spunky cola and RIDING A GOD DAMN MUTHER EFFIN PURPLE BOUNCER!
  11. rudigarmc

rudigarmc New Member

I haven't gotten to play yet.
  12. scathis

scathis Arbiter of Awesome Uber Alumni

I was wondering when you were going to brag about that kill. :p
  13. Wandrian Wvlf

Wandrian Wvlf New Member

Best loading screens I've ever seen. I question the Pitgirl's chest bump though. Wouldn't that stat to hurt after a few times? :|
  14. Cardboardwarior

Cardboardwarior New Member

Shhh.... just watch....

Best part of this DLC? IT'S FREE!
  15. JackTrips

JackTrips New Member

Definitely. Just got to try it out for a a couple hours, and I loved every second of it. The new blitz map and Spunky Cola Arena are both crazy. They're cramped and full of action.

So:
    New Tags - Awesome
    New Maps - Awesome
    Fixed Juice Heal Glitch - At least double awesome, but probably more
    People Whining About Assassins - LOLZ PRACTICALLY NO CHANGE (at least, not in the sense that most of the complaints have been about)

I think we have a winner on our hands!
  16. ObiFett

ObiFett New Member

And I agree, EVERYTHING about this DLC (minus the missing protags) is amazing.
    Spunky Cola arena a great arena and infinitely better than I thought it would be.
    The balance changes are great and the game plays much more even.
    Everything that was changed about Juice: Perfect.

Great job Uber. You guys are amazing Developers.
  17. DeadStretch

DeadStretch Post Master General

I don't know what was a better kill? My melee kill on you or making ShadowStorm backstep away from me only to get grabbed by a Bouncer?
  18. Kangarou

Kangarou New Member

I love everything about the new DLC.

The churros, the new maps, the balance changes, the glitch fixes, heck, the DLC even came with my first hatemail about my Assassin. These devs thought of everything!
  19. rudigarmc

rudigarmc New Member

I played a few games just now. Saw lots of things I likes. Didn't complete a single game with out problem, but that isn't the designers fault, but it did transition better, which is good. I mean when the game failed because of players, it migrated easier, which I was impressed with.

I got the play 3 part games. The first game I played I started half way in. I noticed as a gunner I was a killing machine without trying. We lost, but what can you do when you come in and the ball is at 25%?

The second game I was in steel peel. I like the "glass curtains" in the entrance ways to the base. Nice fix there guys. But I was having horrible jumpy lag to I "rage quit" out.

Third game was in spunky cola, I was excited to try it out. I like it. I was kicking *** and taking names. Then the host migrated, but in less than 10 seconds. I was pleased because I migrated me right next to a downed money ball with no defenders which I proceeded to have my way with.

While I had a few problems with playing the games, I got to see the improved mechanisms that deal with that and I'm impressed. Also finding games was a lot easier than before the DLC. Uber, I like what you did.
  20. Intricasm

Intricasm New Member

Pitgirl doing windmills on Bullseye's head. God yes.