Did you know Assaults can survive airstrikes? It is true!

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat 360 Strategy and Tactics' started by BroTranquilty, April 25, 2011.

1. BroTranquilty

BroTranquilty New Member

I was a support in a pub the other day. Our team was right outside the enemy base, making that last push to break turrets and breach with bots. I lost my gunner, so I started healing an assault until he found the door of the spawnroom again.

Here is where it gets interesting. My assault had an overheal, charged into an enemy airstrike, and that charge 3 connected with the enemy support that threw it. During the grapple, he was blown to hell by the airstrike...

...and he had little over 1/2 of his health left afterwards. He survived.

This is because of the combonation of gold armor, overheal, and during-grapple-damage-resistance, right? Thoughts? Is this a common occurance? Anyone wana try this insane stuff on a private to make sure I am correct?
    Last edited: April 25, 2011
  2. TOM12121112

TOM12121112 New Member

iirc, a full passive, gold armor tank will also survive.
  3. F5in

F5in New Member

I thought it was decently known that people can survive airstrikes during the grapple animation due to the stupid damage reduction.
  4. TOM12121112

TOM12121112 New Member

not everyone can. actually, most cant. i have never seen anyone survive personally when i airstrike grapple them, and that includes a few tanks.
  5. BroTranquilty

BroTranquilty New Member

A gold armor tank will survive a lot of things, except a few seconds in front of a minigun, which is why that is his counter. ALSO, I believe only the person grappling gets a damage resistance buff. If a support throws down an airstrike, grapples an opponent inside of the airstrike, has armor and/or passives, AND an overheal... Then he might survive.

Still, an assault is a medium class. He didn't use juice invunerability to avoid the damage altogether. He literally survived recieving airstrike damage. I found this interesting, a good reason for ALL SUPPORTS to keep ALL TEAMMATES overhealed at least a little, and for assaults to now buy charge 3 and connect one when you have been designated as "ground zero".

So supports, overheal. Assaults, grapple a nearby enemy if you have an airstrike on you. Also assaults, get gold armor, apparently this supports that arguement as well :x .

I simply typed this as a placemarker, so when the PC community claims to have discovered this, I can link this thread to their "discovery" thread, and once again put them in their place as number 2.
    Last edited: April 25, 2011
  6. F5in

F5in New Member

Suck it!
  7. BroTranquilty

BroTranquilty New Member

^My beef is not with you, F5.

Also...
    All of this is generally useful knowledge. Deserves a post just as much as another "where is the DLC at?" post.
  8. F5in

F5in New Member

Bro, my message was to tomNUMBERS.
  9. Foolamancer

Foolamancer Member

No. Air Strikes do 2500 damage. A Passive 3 Gold-Armor Tank has somewhere around 1600, if I remember correctly (and I probably don't). Whatever the actual number, it's well under 2500.

A Juiced tank can survive it, though, since Juice cuts all damage taken by two thirds.
  10. TOM12121112

TOM12121112 New Member

11. Foolamancer

Foolamancer Member

Oh. Then yeah, you can probably pull it off even without Passive 3. Grapples give you stupid amounts of damage resistance, and the Tank has a lot of health to begin with.
  12. WildmanX2k

WildmanX2k New Member

Someone did this to me whilst I was a gold armoured Gunner with 1/2 overheal. I survived but I was in deep red health :lol: He must have been angry!
  13. wazupwiop

wazupwiop New Member

Both people involved in the grapple get the damage resistance. A gold armor assassin that is grappled will survive miniguns longer than a tank.
  14. wazupwiop

wazupwiop New Member

BTW, when an assault is stuck with an airstrike, a well-timed charge can make the airstrike miss.
  15. vortexcontinuum

vortexcontinuum Active Member

If this is true then it has been changed on PC. The only things that can survive my grapple strikes are juiced players.
    Last edited: April 26, 2011
  16. BroTranquilty

BroTranquilty New Member

Dunno. Have you tried it with an in-game test? Overheal a gold armor assault, throw an airstrike, and have him grapple an enemy?
  17. Vlane

Vlane New Member

This is news to you? Wow. Had this happen to me like two months ago.
  18. x Zatchmo

x Zatchmo New Member

A tank that has 3 passive, silver armor, and a full (possibly half) overheal, deployed, can live an airstrike.
  19. That Dutch Guy

That Dutch Guy New Member

I don't recall deploying as Tank increases damage intake. Might be wrong though.
  20. x Zatchmo

x Zatchmo New Member

It does. Noob.