Development Plans For Visual Effects and Postprocessing?

Discussion in 'Backers Lounge (Read-only)' started by Homer78, September 12, 2013.

1. Homer78

Homer78 New Member

Hello Uber,
    Hello Backers,

i would like to know if the visuals in the beta or final release will be compareable with the look of the first trailer. I am asking because i dont like the explosions and nuclear mushrooms and the smoke after expolosions at the moment, it isnt satisfying for me at all. What about the entire postprocessing and light effects, i am also missing that point. I like the gameplay of PA very much but the visuals need a big update.

Thank You for Your answers and greetings from Berlin/Germany
    Homer78
  2. Miaku

Miaku New Member

Right now, post processing is basically non-existent. The alpha is for performance optimizations rather than eye candy, so visual improvements will probably happen as we move into the beta.
  3. Slacker

Slacker New Member

I remember on a previous stream they mentioned hiring a graphics guy to work out the post processing bit.
  4. Tankh

Tankh Member

I also hope they update the looks of explosions etc.
    I've assumed they will too, but haven't seen anything said about it more than the general "This is alpha, pretty much everything will look different" :p
  5. KNight

KNight Post Master General

More so that the Alpha is for Primary Feature Implementation.

But yeah homer78, just as the name implies, postprocessing happens after most other things! ;p

Mike
  6. Homer78

Homer78 New Member

Thank You very much for Your answers.