Dedicated Server Setup

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat PC Dedicated Server Discussion' started by nopantscat, January 27, 2011.

1. nopantscat

nopantscat New Member

From what I'm seeing here dedicated servers are not supported yet - or is everyone just kind of hacking theirs together to get them running?

I've seen threads where people are just using spare Windoze PC's with a Steam instance installed to get them up. That's pretty silly, but I suppose it works.

If the devs could get a stable build out and released to valve so it could be installed via hldsupdatetools we would have a LOT more available servers out there.

Even if it was a manual install process, that would be fine by me - I just need to know where I can get the files, and a rough outline of the install process if there's anything tricky to watch out for.

I know I've seen nothing but issues trying to use the existing server base. Pings are terrible, you can't connect to 90% of them, and even setting up small co-op games is a chore if the people involved don't know how to do port forwarding on their router.
  2. nopantscat

nopantscat New Member

I withdraw my question - as admins posted in other threads that the server support is still being developed.