Decals for our team?

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by vonWolfehaus, September 14, 2012.

1. vonWolfehaus

vonWolfehaus New Member

I love the idea of a single faction, since that simplifies and equalizes gameplay. But to get that personal touch on your commander and team, I'm wondering if we'll be able to place decals or use custom/DLC textures on our units to better identify them in battle?

Especially with large (40+ players) wars, we'll need more than simple colors to help distinguish our units from others!
  2. infinitycanvas

infinitycanvas Well-Known Member

There will be unique Commanders. For instance, there's a donater specific Commander and an Alpha Commander.
  3. vonWolfehaus

vonWolfehaus New Member

Right, but those are unique models. I'm talking about textures that we can slap on ANY commander model we use.

I've done my research, I know what's already been said :) I haven't heard an answer to my question yet though :(
  4. infinitycanvas

There will be heavy modding support so texture packs are likely. Texture packs that the other person can see, however, are an interesting idea. Try asking Uber on the live stream.
  5. vonWolfehaus

vonWolfehaus New Member

Yes, that's what I meant.. I'm trying to ask on the stream, but Twitch won't let me enter any text! Help!
  6. infinitycanvas

Either you're not logged in or you're posting too fast. The chat's in "slow mode" which means you can only post once every so often.
  7. vonWolfehaus

vonWolfehaus New Member

I'm logged in and simply can't select the textfield. It's a browser issue that I can't get around, I think. I can't even see the chat at all, it's stuck loading.
  8. infinitycanvas

Ah, I'm having that problem, too. I have no idea about that.
  9. skullrazer

skullrazer New Member

I wanted to know this too, even if its an option for clans, it would be awesome hehe (say an extra colour (your clans texture) in the teams/colour selection.