Cursor stalling repeatedly (Solved) Not Uber's fault

Discussion in 'Support!' started by CrimsonIvory, August 22, 2015.

1. CrimsonIvory

CrimsonIvory New Member

My cursor keeps pausing for 3-5 second increments at random intervals. It does it at least once a minute or so and sometimes several times back to back, doesn't seem to be influenced by how much load the game is putting on anything, does it on the main menu as well. It makes games nearly unplayable and incredibly frustrating, anyone else having this issue?
  2. DeathByDenim

DeathByDenim Post Master General

If you are on Mac OS X or Linux. which version? If Windows, could you post a DxDiag.txt? You can make one by pressing <WinKey>+R, typing "dxdiag", and pressing "Save All Information...". You can upload the resulting file here using the "Upload a File" button on this forum.
  3. CrimsonIvory

CrimsonIvory New Member

Done and done, thanks for your time. I also tried completely uninstalling and reinstalling both PA and PA titans, it fixed the issue for one game and then immediately returned in the second.

Attached Files:

4. DeathByDenim

Thanks! The error reports at the end of your DxDiag.txt is full of LKD_0x144_INVALID_TRANSFER_EVENT_PTR_ED_1_USBXHCI errors. Those seem to indicate trouble with the USB host causing random disconnects of USB devices, such as your mouse. I think that's the cause of the stalling cursor you are seeing. I'm guessing the disconnects are really short and would therefore only be noticeable during games where the mouse would move a lot and fast.

So about fixing it. You should probably try to update the motherboard drivers. I gather you have a Gigabyte motherboard? If so, try getting the drivers from http://www.gigabyte.us/support-downloads/support-downloads.aspx
  5. CrimsonIvory

CrimsonIvory New Member

So, fun fact, turns out I'm dumb. I completely forgot my mouse was plugged into my keyboards usb outlet. Switched to a proper powered outlet on my tower and the problem appears to be solved. Sorry for wasting your time, hopefully this will help someone else out without having to ask the question at least. Thanks for your help.
    DeathByDenim likes this.
  6. DeathByDenim

No worries and thanks for posting the solution!