Current Sizes

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by McCuddles, June 7, 2013.

1. McCuddles

McCuddles New Member

(alpha yes i know things will/might change bla bla)

From what i can see some things might be a bit too big. I don't know if its just me but some of the ships look so huge they make the oceans look like ponds, and the power plants are huge, lots would take up a heap of room.

Is the plan to have this balanced (so a battle ship doesn't take 50% of the ocean space)
    around how big the planet is? or is the plan to later on - make the size of all the units smaller?

Thoughts?? (on current size, any issues with size.. ect)

P.S. i know its alpha, just trying to make a discussion on what we can currently see.
  2. veta

veta Active Member

the oceans are ponds right now
  3. McCuddles

McCuddles New Member

No not really, the ocean in the current map is pretty big, any bigger and it would cover 50% of the map, you consider that a pond?
  4. ZackM21

ZackM21 New Member

I would agree the ships are a bit too large.
    I'm not sure about the pgens yet.
  5. Loegi

Loegi Member

Taking in total map size, yes I would. More than 50% of the map doesn't seem that weird for a sea to me either, seas are large and 70% of Earth's covered in water. Usually maps with real water gameplay have about 50% or more surface area being water I think.

But the boats were a bit large in my opinion. Might just be that this planet is a bit on the smaller scale, but I have a feeling that it's medium-ish.
  6. GoodOak

GoodOak Active Member

There is no such thing as ships that are too large. MORE GUNS.
  7. veta

veta Active Member

Indeed, not to mention this is on the smaller side of planets.
  8. garibaldi5

garibaldi5 New Member

Ships are too big in this build. Way too big compared to everything else.
    And they move painfully slow. It takes an eternity for them to turn around.

This is propably only alpha-related.
    I think they spend most of their time building this great looking engine and the planets.
    Units will get polished later on i think.
  9. GoodOak

GoodOak Active Member

Yeah, I've seen plenty of livestreams and the various ship issues. Personally I'm hoping that Uber goes for scale in the way that SupCom tried to do (but didn't get right). Ships should be enormous compared to tanks and planes. If a ship is too big to maneuver in the body of water you've got to sail on, a player might want to use smaller ships. For example, destroyers don't have to just be a stop-gap till you get your battleships going.