Current servers hosting more games than appropriate

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by Chemdude8, September 4, 2014.

1. Chemdude8

Chemdude8 New Member

So I know there is the bug which is allocating more games to each/a server than it should (8 games/server), is this really a bug or is it that (#Games/8) > #Servers? Furthermore, at what point does the previous become true, obviously I'd expect Uber to have a limited number of servers (and probably more importantly bandwidth), so what happens when this limit is reached?

Possible solutions I would expect would be a wait queue like LoL, or the 'bug' which over-allocates being somewhat intended/at least tolerated. I think for the launch of the game no experience is potentially better than a devastatingly slow experience (People generally understand when your servers can't handle the load, but don't understand the concept of the game requiring server/bandwidth resources).

Thoughts? Any word from the devs/mods would be of significant interest. (Is there an idea how many games can/could play at once with the current server limitations?)
  2. Chemdude8

Chemdude8 New Member

^ From another thread, seems like they have a plan which is in the works. I still think the problems mentioned have some merit though.
  3. bengeocth

bengeocth Post Master General

I choose to not worry about that.

Usually, ignoring problems makes them go away.

^Of course that's bad advice^, but that's Uber's problem.
    cptconundrum likes this.