Create a scrolling background in OBS

Discussion in 'PA: TITANS: General Discussion' started by lulamae, February 9, 2018.

1. lulamae

lulamae Planetary Moderator

For those that stream using OBS, I've put together a brief tutorial on how to create a scrolling background similar to what you see on Marshall's casts in between games. Using the images from skybox cube maps is especially effective because the beginning and end of the image are a perfect match so your loop is seamless. Others may prefer to scroll multiple images in sequence.

You can take it for a test drive using this image I created from the Purple Haze skybox.

http://savvyhk2.net/pamods/Purple-Haze/Purple-Haze-Banner.png

2. Quitch

Quitch Post Master General

For text use Center To Screen so you don't need to eyeball it.
  3. lulamae

Where is the "Center to Screen" option?

In the text properties box that I used there were options to set "Alignment" (left/center/right) and "Vertical Alignment" (top/center/bottom) but when I set them both to "Center" during my dry runs, the text still jumped to the top left corner. So I didn't bother trying for the video.
  4. lulamae

@Quitch Found it. Select text box, then from the menu bar, select Edit/Transform/Center to Screen. Wow, couldn't they do a better job of hiding such a commonly needed command? Would still be nice if the alignment tools worked when creating the text.
    Last edited: February 10, 2018
  5. Quitch

Quitch Post Master General

Yeah, it's not a great UI.