Couple of thoughts after first match

Discussion in 'Support!' started by sternone, June 8, 2013.

1. sternone

sternone New Member

First off, I just want to tip my hat to everyone at Uber. What you guys have put together seems extremely promising. I couldn't be more exited for this game. Total Annihilation was one of my all time favorite games, and I played it for maybe 2 years straight when it first came out. The idea of a spiritual successor is THRILLING to me.

Second, I'm so pleased to see the alpha in such a good state. Yeah I know, it's not even like 20% of what was shown in that initial concept video. But I get it. Its early. And I'm so happy to be able to see a little of it so soon and help be a part of this.

ALL OF THAT lovey dovey wonderful stuff out of the way, here are my (hopefully) constructive notes from playing the game for a bit.

1) Pathing needs some work. I'm sure you guys know this. Tried to target an enemies vehicle factory that was built behind some rocks near a "forest" looking area. My tanks would not move toward it properly despite attack targetting it. When I manually moved them around the rocks to get in position, still would not target it. Unclear what exactly the issue was, but that vehicle factory was essentially invulnerable. Same thing with bombers - would not attack that factory.

2) Unclear how (if its possible) to make a single player match. Maybe I'm an idiot or haven't read everything. Maybe its not even an option. I'd believe all of that! But I couldn't find it, if its there.

3) No full screen option. Again, maybe I missed it. But maybe not?

4) Hard to visually distinguish units at a distance. Icons are nice and unique, but they blur together into a mess. Hard to do "large" strategy when its just a mishmosh of lines and colors.

5) Couldn't easily switch between ctrl groups of units. Nor was I able to discover how to automatically center my view over a specific group, so as to allow for multiple simultaneous angles of attack.

I know its early, so I'm sure theres a billion miles to go on all of this. All in all, I'm so freaking excited! I really hope the feedback helps. Even if its useless, I hope my encouragement makes up for it!