Couple of Linux bugs for the next polishing sweep

Discussion in 'Mac and Linux' started by cultusmechanicus, May 30, 2015.

1. cultusmechanicus

cultusmechanicus New Member

First off, this is a really awesome game :) Kudos to Uber for makes something so epic.

Next up, Cohernet UI constantly hangs for me if I mouse over any of the build buttons too quickly/frequently. Literally just landing and sweeping the mouse over the build menu will crash the UI. Workaround is to use
    --coherent-options="--single-process" in the launch params in Steam, which seems to fix it, but slows the UI down a lot.

And something is a bit crazy with the System Designer, on my system it causes a hard lock. I get the basic top and bottom bar with no sun, then, bang, hard lockup that needs a power cycle to fix. No workaround for this at the moment although some googling suggests it is to do with the sun shaders.

My system is a laptop running Ubuntu 15.04, a Mobility Radeon HD 5450 gfx card with the latest opensource drivers from the Obiaf repo and the Steam version of PA, no mods. Give me a shout as to what logs, details etc you need when/if you get around to tracking these down.

Edit: I would have reported these on the bugtracker, but it won't let me login since I don't have a game key, just teh Steam version
    Last edited: May 30, 2015
  2. n00n

n00n Active Member

This issue is grouped under the following coherent bug on the tracker.

See FAQ: How do I link my Steam account to my PlayFab account?
    Last edited: June 8, 2015