Counter for the Assasins?

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat PC Discussion' started by NeLoDK, January 14, 2011.

1. NeLoDK

NeLoDK New Member

First of all, this is a really good game.

But I'm confused and frustrated, what are the counter for the assasins, are they really designed to be cloaked 24/7, fast as a horse, and more deadly than a Woman(haha I'm so funny)?

Aren't they supposed to give out a distinct noise of some sort, or are they as they designed them, if they are I see some serious balance issues.

So yeah all in all, I'm trying to say, good game, but assasins are annoying.
  2. grimbar

grimbar New Member

The noise is louder than about anything in this game and you can see them, it's a cloak not an invisibility device.
  3. Vleessjuu

Vleessjuu New Member

Okay, I'll give you some pointers that helped me:

- The prime counter to Assasins are Tanks. If you take gold or silver armour + passive 3 they can't even kill you with a backstab. After they grabbed you, charge -> deathblossom -> dead Sin. Or if you have the railgun out: grapple. Or don't get grabbed in the first place, but that takes some practice.

- The Assasins cloak makes a lot of noice. If you don't believe me, go into 1 player Blitz, pick Assasin, cloak. Listen very carefully to what you hear now. Imagine yourself dieing a horrible death while listening. Let the sound of death sink into you. Make sure you can make it out above all the other noise and Mickey flapping his mouth. Did that? Good, now you know what death sounds like. Go into a Crossfire match. You'll be amazed how easy it is to make out that sound above the rest and how easy it has become to avoid (stupid) Assasins now.

With these two tips, you should be able to deal with noob assasins easily. The real ones will still be a pain, but hey: every good player is a pain.
  4. cyzmyass

cyzmyass New Member

Sins can only grapple if you stay on the ground so just jump/fly shoot.

The two best anti sin classes are tank and assault.
  5. NeLoDK

NeLoDK New Member

Well ok I'll try to listen to the sound more.

But if I crank my sound up, it cranks up every single thing, music and all.

But yeah thanks for the answers I'll try to put that into my game.
  6. Vleessjuu

Vleessjuu New Member

Don't worry, the cloak sound is really, really loud. Even with music and gunfire and all. I'm not kidding. Once you know what to listen for, no Assasin can sneak up upon you while cloaked. Of course, they can sneak up WITHOUT cloak (and the good ones do), but that leaves them with other problems, obviously.

Another good thing to keep in mind is to stick with a teammate so you can protect each other while one is being grappled. Whenever I hear an Assasin doing her "You gonna die!"-scream, I know someone is in trouble and I know an Assasin is going to be toast because I don't like people killing my teammates ;). And if you have decent teammates, they'll do the same when you get grabbed.
  7. trogdor5

trogdor5 New Member

Every pro can deal with the "I'm-coming-to-kill-you" assassin rather easily if they know the assassin is after them. A good assassin knows to how to choose targets that are already concentrating on an objective and will be less likely to pick-up that they've been chosen to die.

Therefore, just have good environmental awareness :D
  8. NeLoDK

NeLoDK New Member

Well yeah okay, I always try to stick to a team mate. If I can train my ears to listen for that sound, I might be able to pick up my game. Again thanks for the answers :D
  9. Oscar

Oscar New Member

I think that you can easily own assasin (I mean some noob sin) with SNIPAH,it's all about pretending that you didnt see them let them come in your trap > they're freezed > you bang them with grapple (ONLY IF YOU HAVE THROW :D) or just rape them in head with snipe rifle (requires some skill though).(or just run away > pro tactic xD)
  10. WylieTimes

WylieTimes New Member

I find the most difficult ones to counter are the ones that kill all your bots, get juiced, and kill you.

Even though I try to play Tank often to counter them - lots are starting to grapple me out of charge consistently. D:

What do you do against the competent Assassins that control the game? :S
  11. timmy TED

timmy TED New Member

armor endorsement plus hurt/heal
  12. grimbar

grimbar New Member

CC them, deny bots, don't let them take bots ever again.

They'll start to get slightly mad and will try to kill you, that's the moment where your mate will be waiting for them. Necessary sacrifices etc.

don't let them take annihilator as well

Edit: my mate reminded me that I should point out that any competent assassin will prevail in most 1on2 encounters unless you catch him off guard, however that applies to most people outskilling others.
  13. NeLoDK

NeLoDK New Member

I mostly play assault, because I wanna be as agile as possible, and I'm starting to pick it up, just upgrading Grapple to 3 as quickly as possibly, and they got no chance. Thanks for the help guys, really helped :D
  14. grimbar

grimbar New Member

Grapple 2 is better, the throw on grapple 3 puts you out of control for a short bit if you miss the intended target; rendering you dead.
  15. Polynomial

Polynomial Moderator Alumni

I'm finding next to no one is capable of exploiting that short weakness. The assault is doing it wrong if he leaves himself in a position for a gank. Taunting plus ring outs = rich assault. Grapple 3 does get worse on Steel Peel, but its insane on the other maps.
  16. Oscar

Oscar New Member

If you wanna be rich,just buy grapple3 (assault) ,you'll get X number of ringouts o_O .
  17. NeLoDK

NeLoDK New Member

I think grapple 3 is better, because it seems to have some auto aim, and it refreshes quicker(I think it does). For ring outs I like to throw bombs on the edge of the map and just lure pro's towards me. Once I got one 5 times in a game with that trick, best time ever.

Ring outs are like drugs in this game, I love it.
  18. grag

grag New Member

Assassins are the kind of pro I kill the most. After playing for some time and getting used to the noise they make, they are really easy.

I play mostly as a supporter.. and this happens really often:

I put a firebase at middle of the map and see an assassin far there, coming into my direction. I start hacking and I am 100% sure that she will try to grapple while hacking, so I take that as a bait, hack, stop (before finishing the hack), hear the sound, jump and get shotgun. 1 shot, dead.

Play mindgames and use a decent headset. Now if you find a really good Assassin... good luck. Crit shuriken spamming and juice farming is a pain.
  19. ParadoxD

ParadoxD New Member

Bait them into a situation that favours you.
  20. SALT

SALT New Member

Assassins are going to run all over the map, kill all of your bots and juice cheese your moneyball to death every game no matter what you do, so while there are definitely counters to being killed by them like paying attention to the game so you can hear the hum of their cloaking, which is about as loud as a chainsaw, there is no good counter to them winning the game, apart from maybe a full set of hacked level 3 rocket turrets and a ton of firebases on the moneyball.