Correcting the Steam misinformation

Discussion in 'PA: TITANS: General Discussion' started by Quitch, August 21, 2015.

1. Quitch

Quitch Post Master General

2. ekae

ekae New Member

Well they then why has PA been removed from the store?
    Because TITANS includes the base content as well so there's no reason to have two entries.​

This method has a downside. The removal of PA will stop the growth of original PA player base. You say the TITANS is optional but by this way PA is going to be deserted and this will force they to buy TITANS anyway. The only reason that TITANS owner go back to play the PA, is the game is really suck but it is not.

The rest of the content is fine.
  3. dom314

dom314 Post Master General

Typo in second heading? Well they then why?
    Last edited: August 21, 2015
    Quitch likes this.
  4. Gorbles

Gorbles Post Master General

As a warning though I'm sure you don't need the help, Dr. B00t likes calling people shills, or some variant thereof. He will continue to do so until the thread is thoroughly derailed, or someone else jumps on you for something else.

He has no actual arguments when pressed, and will simply repeat the bottom line (the accusation that you are a shill). He will also follow you into other threads and start making arguments there.

Just a heads up.
  5. Quitch

It's always worth dragging out just long enough though that it becomes obvious this is the case.
    squishypon3, stuart98 and mered4 like this.
  6. mered4

mered4 Post Master General

Damn. That b00t guy.

It's like he's in a complete rage at all times or something. What the hell.
    squishypon3 and stuart98 like this.
  7. Quitch

But given that TITANS has all the content from base PA, what is the purpose of continuing to sell base PA? That really would split the community.
    radongog and PhoneySpring646 like this.
  8. dom314

dom314 Post Master General

But I paid a lot of money!
    but likewise Early Access purchasers should begrudge Kickstarter backers a nice gesture from Uber.
    Should that be "shouldn't"?
    Quitch and mered4 like this.
  9. mered4

Yeah I almost choked on my water when I read that. :D
    PhoneySpring646 and stuart98 like this.
  10. probodobodyne

probodobodyne Active Member

And what do you do when the 66% discount ends?
  11. mered4

We're not entirely sure. My theory is there will be a sale and then go back to 66% off, but I'm not the best judge of these things. They might just cut it off entirely.
  12. mwreynolds

mwreynolds Well-Known Member

when the 66% discount ends

If you read in-between the lines... there will be a sale of some kind, or there might be a new new discount for PA owners.
    mered4 likes this.
  13. xanoxis

xanoxis Active Member

Quitch, better stop those Steam drama's before you get brain cancer. Steam forums are hella dangerous :p
    stuart98, Nicb1 and mered4 like this.
  14. probodobodyne

probodobodyne Active Member

Ah, I guess that makes sense now.

I was just challenging the notion that removing PA was a mistake; there's no reason anyone should buy it at this point as it will only cause more confusion. My argument was that if people could buy PA, and then buy Titans, it might cause trouble once the discounts ended. I guess if the discounts will repeat the only problem left would be redundancy and not placing as much people as possible in Titans, which really one ups the PA experience.
    mered4 likes this.
  15. mered4

I'm starting to laugh too much at the nonsensical arguments these guys are putting out. They aren't even playing the game.

"It's super buggy"

Really? Have you actually tried playing it? Did you happen to update your drivers? No? Aw, it looks like you have a problem there, sir.
    stuart98 likes this.
  16. cdrkf

cdrkf Post Master General

The thing is though, Titans players can see and join classic lobbies in multi player with no special settings or anything. They show up and you just join.

Whilst Titans is cool, personally I'm happy to join a game that's active and available, rather than waiting ages.

Also remember that PA classic players can host mods, so things like the excellent Galactic Annihilation (which has it's own set of mega units) are still very much worth playing irrespective of if you have Titans or Classic.

If Titans increases the total player base, there should be more players to fill all lobbies.
  17. cdrkf

From what I've read through there are two specific issues that probably need addressing Uber's end: Players with the nVidia 980ti card are having problems on latest stable drivers (probably an nVidia bug but still not something a user can fix and no guarantee nVidia will do anything about it). Also there appears to be some occasional bugs related specifically to Windows 10.

That aside, a large proportion of common problems are down to poor config on the users end.
    dom314 likes this.
  18. mered4

Excluding the memory leak on Win10 and the 980ti issues, everything works pretty damn fine lol.

It's pretty awesome.
    cdrkf and dom314 like this.
  19. cdrkf

Yeah true, I just wanted to point out there are a couple of *legitimate bugs* some users are complaining about.
  20. Quitch

@stuart98 , for your excellent sticky you should use the [h1][/h1] tags to make it easier to see the questions versus the answers.