Constant crashes in menus after recent updates

Discussion in 'Support!' started by takfloyd, January 1, 2015.

1. takfloyd

takfloyd Active Member

Tried playing today with new patches. Game has crashed five times so far and I haven't even been able to start a game.

Menus are slow and laggy, and when I load a system, the game seems to run out of memory despite my 8 GB of ram. Everything worked fine before and I've played games with 15+ planets and 10 players without problems, so I suspect it will work fine once I manage to enter a game.

The problem is the menus - they are simply absolutely abhorrently programmed. Always have been, really - this html based setup simply does not work at all for a game like this. But they only seem to be getting worse over time.

I will keep trying to enter a game, but I'm already pretty annoyed at this point. When will this game ever work properly?
  2. takfloyd

takfloyd Active Member

Managed to start a game. As expected it didn't crash during gameplay, but two other issues popped up: The framerate dropped drastically when opening the PiP - something that never used to happen - and I couldn't see trajectories for units in space.

Is the latter issue intentional or common, or just me?
  3. takfloyd

takfloyd Active Member

Second attempt - trajectories are back, but game still slows down when PiP is opened.

Jeez, this release just seems really unstable - but the gameplay changes are definitely appreciated.
  4. nimro

nimro Member

Can you post your dxdiag? Alternatively if you're using Steam go to the "Help" menu, select "System Information", and paste the contents of that here.
  5. Fr33Lancer

Fr33Lancer Well-Known Member

PIP implies a second 3D scene calculation, of course it has a significant impact on performance, nothing unusual