Consistent Crashes in Multiplayer

Discussion in 'Support!' started by boylobster, January 31, 2015.

1. boylobster

boylobster Active Member

Specifically, FFAs and games with more than two players. I've been able to complete maybe one out of five that I've tried to play recently? Same behavior every time: game locks, goes to "PA.exe has stopped responding" (I believe that's the error), and when I try to reconnect, it'll log in to the match, but the camera spawns inside the sun - all you see is the sun surface texture - and then it immediately locks again. Same on multiple reconnects, same across multiple games. Seems to happen as things are getting busy. Hard to say.

I do have mods enabled, but nothing exotic, I think, though I haven't tried turning them off yet. Attached is the most recent PA log. Does this sound familiar to anyone? It's hella' frustrating, because it always happens just as the game is really getting momentum. o_O

Edit: oh, here's the DxDiag as well. Thoughts?

Attached Files:

2. MadGreyOne

MadGreyOne Member

First thing I'd try is disabling all mods. I've seen other recent reports of even fairly mild mods breaking with the latest build. Also verify your game files, that often corrects issues that come up right after a build release.

If it works with no mods then just turn them back on one at a time until you identify the issue.
    Last edited: January 31, 2015
  3. masterdigital

masterdigital Uber Alumni

That looks like a known mod issue. Please disable all mods after each patch... there is almost always at least one which causes instability.
  4. cola_colin

cola_colin Moderator Alumni

I know many cases of mods breaking the UI to the level of being broken looking gibberish, but pa.exe has stopped responding should not be caused by js UI mods as far as I know?
  5. masterdigital

masterdigital Uber Alumni

I don't think this is a UI mod issue. UI mods almost never cause client crashes... content mods cause client crashes. The relevant log lines are:

[12:05:11.015] INFO Mounting C:\Users\T Dawg\AppData\Local\Uber Entertainment\Planetary Annihilation\mods\rBlueprintInfoFramework\ as /
    [12:05:11.015] INFO Mounting C:\Users\T Dawg\AppData\Local\Uber Entertainment\Planetary Annihilation\mods\rSettingsManager\ as /
    [12:05:11.015] INFO Mounting C:\Users\T Dawg\AppData\Local\Uber Entertainment\Planetary Annihilation\mods\com.pa.raevn.rfloatframe\ as /
    [12:05:11.015] INFO Mounting C:\Users\T Dawg\AppData\Local\Uber Entertainment\Planetary Annihilation\mods\com.uberent.pa.mods.client.teamubercannoncolor\ as /
    [12:05:11.015] INFO Mounting C:\Users\T Dawg\AppData\Local\Uber Entertainment\Planetary Annihilation\mods\com.uberent.pa.PAFX\ as /
    [12:05:11.015] INFO Mounting C:\Users\T Dawg\AppData\Local\Uber Entertainment\Planetary Annihilation\mods\dShowOffline\ as /
    [12:05:11.015] INFO Mounting C:\Users\T Dawg\AppData\Local\Uber Entertainment\Planetary Annihilation\mods\fr.pa.fr33lancer.TeamCommExplosionColor\ as /
    [12:05:11.015] INFO Mounting C:\Users\T Dawg\AppData\Local\Uber Entertainment\Planetary Annihilation\mods\fr.pa.fr33lancer.TeamCommLandingColor\ as /
    [12:05:11.015] INFO Mounting C:\Users\T Dawg\AppData\Local\Uber Entertainment\Planetary Annihilation\mods\fr.pa.fr33lancer.TeamTeleporterColor\ as /
    [12:05:11.015] INFO Mounting C:\Users\T Dawg\AppData\Local\Uber Entertainment\Planetary Annihilation\mods\hotbuild2\ as /
    [12:05:11.015] INFO Mounting C:\Users\T Dawg\AppData\Local\Uber Entertainment\Planetary Annihilation\mods\modbatch\ as /
    [12:05:11.015] INFO Mounting C:\Users\T Dawg\AppData\Local\Uber Entertainment\Planetary Annihilation\mods\nl.pa.Alpha.CPlosion\ as /
    [12:05:11.015] INFO Mounting C:\Users\T Dawg\AppData\Local\Uber Entertainment\Planetary Annihilation\mods\rModsList\ as /
    [12:05:11.015] INFO Mounting C:\Users\T Dawg\AppData\Local\Uber Entertainment\Planetary Annihilation\mods\rPAMM\ as /
    [12:05:11.015] INFO Mounting C:\Users\T Dawg\AppData\Local\Uber Entertainment\Planetary Annihilation\mods\tGWSpeedHotfix\ as /
    [12:05:30.486] ERROR Error opening struct ToolSpec spec /pa/units/orbital/defense_satellite/defense_satellite_tool_weapon.json
    [12:05:35.117] ERROR Unable to load tool spec: /pa/units/orbital/defense_satellite/defense_satellite_tool_weapon.json
    cola_colin likes this.
  6. killerkiwijuice

killerkiwijuice Post Master General

Looks like an issue from the old PA-FX client mod, other people had the same issue with the anchor crashing the game until they updated the mod on PAMM.
  7. DeathByDenim

DeathByDenim Post Master General

Didn't bgolus just fix this for the next PTE or is this a different bug? I mean, he fixed the part where PA would crash because of this, not the mod itself obviously. :)
    See his post.
  8. cola_colin

cola_colin Moderator Alumni

yeah he fixed this one occasion. But I would not be surprised that similar issues can arise when you do other unexpected things with mods that change content like that.
  9. DeathByDenim

DeathByDenim Post Master General

Well, of course. The number of ways users can break one's program is mind-boggling. :)