"Connection to the Host has been Lost" Error

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat PC Feedback and Issues' started by XxSpawn, February 12, 2011.

1. XxSpawn

XxSpawn New Member

This seems to be happening more often now than ever, Tonight it has happened 3 times in the past 15 minutes and I can't figure out why, it's during random times. Once while the round was starting, once when the round was going back to the lobby and again randomly in the middle of trying to upgrade a skill(This server is being hosted off of a dedicated server not my home PC and I do have access to the box, so there is no type of "host migration" going on either). I did notice in game there was a little LAN port jack flashing but I didn't lose internet or anything. My friend who was in mumble with me said everything and everyone was still playing fine so the server didn't go down. Anyone else experiencing this problem? If so does someone know why it is happening? This happened once last night before I went to bed but since i've gotten home from work and started playing I've had this problem. The only way I can connect back to the server is if I close out of MNC and re-launch it again. Very odd problem.. very odd. :?
  2. Salad Snake

Salad Snake New Member

3. XxSpawn

XxSpawn New Member

Ehh, not "quite" the same but similar. The weird thing when this happens though is that when I try to find the servers hosted on that box again they are not there. Then I exit out of MNC and load it back up sometimes they are there, sometimes they are not. Sometimes I have to restart Steam and then they'll show back up. Now I don't know if it's just a time thing or if it's a ... i don't even know. This is the only game that I have this happen to me, quite the inconvenience though... Hope this gets fixed soon.
  4. DrRayStantz

DrRayStantz New Member

I never got this message before the update and now I get it all the time. It seems the updates are making the game run worse for me and not better. I'm still unable to host a server so my friends and I can play together and I've sent three PM's to Uber employee's and not a single person has responded. There is also a thread on the Steam MNC forums about hosting issues that has over 1500 views and while it started out good with three Uber employee's posting in it they have all stopped.

These guys needs to go watch the Paradox dev team do their work. I bought Magicka earlier this month to play with friends and when that game launched it was a wreck. Single player didn't work for a lot of people and multiplayer did nothing, however the dev team gave an update each morning and released a patch a day until they got it all worked out and the game runs fine now. It was frustrating having the game be so poor on launch but their communication and ability to fix things is what kept most people happy. I doubt I'll buy another Uber game.
  5. FTP

FTP New Member

This is honestly agitating me. It's the ONLY thing that's really bothering me with the game. Sometimes I can play just fine, other times I randomly get booted off of the games.

And no, it's not a disconnect issue. I have disconnects at times and the game just continues for a bit with a no-connection symbol at the right side... but these specific disconnects happen abruptly. Like, BAM, loading screen, main menu, Connection to the Host has been lost.

...i've been booted off of some REALLY good rounds :I
  6. DrRayStantz

DrRayStantz New Member

It's sad to say but don't hold your breath. I've been trying very hard to get help on my hosting issues and nothing is happening. They seem to be ignorning these issues and not helping anyone. I'm a pretty patient guy and even I'm starting to get VERY annoyed by them. I mean 3 PM's and not a single person responds? Only thing I can think of is they have no idea how to fix the problem so they are just ignorning it and hoping we all go away.
  7. grimbar

grimbar New Member

Code:
    [IpDrv.TcpNetDriver]
    ConnectionTimeout=30.0

there, solved
  8. XxSpawn

XxSpawn New Member

Where does this go if I can ask? I'm not sure which .ini file to find this in.
  9. grimbar

grimbar New Member

hostileengine.ini
  10. XxSpawn

XxSpawn New Member

So I put in the values there and it still did not fix the issue, I was able to play for around 10 minutes before that I got disconnected again. :/

Now I don't know what the rest of these values are but they seem very low in there as well:

ConnectionWarning=5.0
    AckTimeout=1.0
    KeepAliveTime=0.2
    RelevantTimeout=5.0
    SpawnPrioritySeconds=1.0
    ServerTravelPause=4.0
  11. FTP

FTP New Member

I told you, this is not an issue with internet connection timing out, this is a different problem.

I had a ping running in the background and my connection was stable :I

edit:
    I now got my fourth disconnect on the mQ random class server... my favorite :I

edit edit:
    alright, just now I had a killer streak and dominated the server as tank... then BAM! disconnect. I get nothing. I'm losing it here!
  12. XxSpawn

XxSpawn New Member

I feel your pain... I really do. I hate playing through a match and then get disconnected with a few minutes left and get nothing out of it. Maybe they can at least have a feature to where if you disconnect from a server before it ends you still get your share of what you made?
  13. FTP

FTP New Member

And if I have to bump this until eternity.
    I won't stop until I get a statement or a solution :I
  14. Salad Snake

Salad Snake New Member

They are actively trying to fix the connection issue. There's a thread stickied asking people to send in their connection logs here:

viewtopic.php?f=30&t=7965

I can't even connect to any lobbies. I really hope they find a solution soon but they ARE working on it (though I found it odd that the Steam Forums thread on the issue got more dev attention then the threads here :p ).
  15. FTP

FTP New Member

Thanks much for informing me of this :O

*storms off to said thread*