competition/mod ideas? maybe? =P

Discussion in 'PA: TITANS: General Discussion' started by violetania, October 18, 2015.

1. violetania

violetania Well-Known Member

Hey guys!

So i was playing with some friends and i decided it'd be a good idea to make it a competition on who could kill our opposing player's base first and then i realized we should have a competition on who could kill the most fabbers and then... wow i'm rambling! #needsleep

Anyways, tldr: can someone make a mod to count how may fabricators get killed, even if people are on a shared army team? is it possible/impossible/super hard???

On another note, i've been debating this for a little while, i was thinking of making a tournament/competition where you could only build 1 type of unit or 1 type of factories for the game??? E.g. people can only build fabricators =P What do you guys think?

Anyways, ty in advance <3 <3 <3
    Kind Regards,
    Violet
  2. killerkiwijuice

killerkiwijuice Post Master General

Well idk. There would need to be some kind of function that returns a value when a specific unit dies, which is non existatant afaik. Maybe it could be done with the newer api.

@wondible
  3. wondible

wondible Post Master General

PA Stats can count the number of units that died, but attribution is dubious, and would likely be on an army basis at best. The game appears to be tracking it for commander kills, but I don't know about every unit, or if the information is available. The impossible long-shot is that it's tracking the last unit to do damage, and provides that in the death alert, which could be picked up by a mod and correlated with the last player who had the unit in a selection.

The "merely very difficult" version we would likely have to resort to try and fake it by looking for the nearest enemy units to a death, which could very easily get it wrong, especially with artillery.

At times I've toyed with a "game of the week" mod: booms, fabs, no nukes, only nukes, Battleship, etc. The problem is I hardly play the vanilla game as is ;^)
    tatsujb likes this.
  4. violetania

Oh dear that sounds complicated to do!
    And you play PA at all ;) I don't think i've ever seen you on pa chat/other! Ahahaha, well i guess mods are fun =3
  5. ljfed

ljfed Active Member

I like the idea of a mod which makes t2 factories about twice the cost of a regular factories however the game would still be balanced because of the cost of the t2 units and eco consumption of the t2 factory (in theory anyway). Maybe with some changes to how t2 eco works would be required too.
    This could be great 1v1 games (we would see more t2 and variety!) but not so much in larger games.

Back on topic maybe put the fabber killed count and other stats in the drop-down on the lop left of the screen?
  6. ljfed

ljfed Active Member

Also about counting fabbers: surely this would be easy as the game provides you with the number of fabbers a player has so every time the number goes down you could add that to a fabber kill count.
    cdrkf likes this.
  7. burntcustard

burntcustard Post Master General

I think only building one type of unit or one type of factory is only interesting for one or two games, and even then you're kind of pushing it for not-being-very-interesting because a specific map probably has a "best" unit from a factory so everyone will spam the exact same thing.

I like to think that vanilla Galactic War is an example of where this is done "meh" - only having vehicles and air for a few games vs AI is kinda boring. Whereas... Boom Bot Wars is this done "quite fun actually", because Booms were one of the more interesting units to begin with, and then it improves upon them (jumping/zapping/pooping).

Basically I think a short tournament with a mod that focused on a small selection of cool units would be much more interesting than a "only play x unit for this round" tournament. I might be biased though ;)

If anyone feels like mostly-organising (with me helping, a little) either:
    a) A Boom Bot Wars tournament,
    b) A drinking game tournament where we're all wasted by the end...
    I'd be very happy :D
    cdrkf, Nicb1 and tunsel11 like this.
  8. proeleert

proeleert Post Master General

Well it's almost a year since I did a mini mods mayhem maybe we could do another one.
    With boom bot wars and battleship and others.
    burntcustard, cdrkf and Nicb1 like this.
  9. violetania

I would so be up for a drunken boom bot tournament... can i cast??? Eh either way i would so help!!!!
    cdrkf likes this.
  10. cdrkf

cdrkf Post Master General

Drinking games PA tournament....... So much yes! Although we'd have to accept from the start that @clopse has an unfair advantage in such an event... :p
    Furballman and tunsel11 like this.
  11. cynischizm

cynischizm Active Member

In that case go the other way. Make @clopse do the tourney sober. It should have the same effect.
  12. perfectdark

perfectdark Active Member

Why don't you play the game properly against players on your level. Then you'll be too busy playing the game to care about sh it like this.
  13. violetania

I think they're making the joke that clopse only plays drunk =P We don't really care it's just making fun off =P tehe <3