Commiuncation with Deaf People through Xbox Live.

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat 360 General Discussion' started by ManaCorporation, January 9, 2011.

1. ManaCorporation

ManaCorporation New Member

Hello fellow MNC, and 360, players.

Have you played a few MNC matches where you see a [DEAF] tag? Chances are those 'clan members' are part of the DEAF clan. Most of [DEAF] users are indeed deaf or hard of hearing. However not every one of us are, we have some hearing supporters that want to increase our reputation across 360 games. You can even find us on Fable, CoD series, and a bunch of other games.

Now you are probably wondering, "How can someone who can't talk or hear work in a team? How can I relay something quickly to them?"
    Sending voice messages normally seem to be the most effective route for you guys, however it falls on deaf ears to us. (Ha ha ha?!)

Another thought you might be having, "How do those deaf players work together without commiuncation?"

The answer? We indeed do commiuncate.

http://www.google.com/products/catalog? ... EAQ8wIwAg#

The above link is to show a Xbox Controller Keyboard attachment. Most of us DEAF members have it.
    We also use the MSN chat via 360. With the MSN Instant Messaging system combined with a ready-to-use keyboard attachement, we are capable of sending text messages relatively quick and with ease. We are also capable of sending IMs without blocking vision in a match. (The IM window takes over maybe 1/8 of your full vision - though you cannot move/shoot/etc.) One button makes the window appear/disappear, so it's not really an issue.

Anyway, please forgive us for "ignoring" your voice messages or ingame chat. The MSN IM with keyboard is by far the most effective way to talk to a DEAF member during a match. We simply don't know.

If anyone is interested in this feature of the 360, I am willing to message you my MSN email and we can chat thru it. Having a keyboard is often required (who has the time to go right right right right right down right right down *clicks a letter* left left left up *clicks next letter*.

Anyway, see y'all in the MNC world.

Edit: Another chat feature is that a IM does not have to be limited to two people. You can have a full group in one IM window.
  2. OfficerFuttBuck

OfficerFuttBuck Active Member

Guiltometer overloaded.
  3. peachypony

peachypony Active Member

you know you're gonna play assassin against these guys
  4. ManaCorporation

That's fine, and when you get humilated even with no hum warning, I'll be right there taunting ya.
  5. BroTranquilty

BroTranquilty New Member

love peoples logic.

he cant hear the assassin cloak hum, so i am going to run up to his face while cloaked. he cant hear, right?

no, but he sure can peppergun the distortion of the light floating in front of him.
  6. peachypony

peachypony Active Member

i don't know what i was thinking, you're probably better than me

its a joke, somehow im not surprised you still feed into me.

if i was serious it's painfully obviously face grappling wasn't implied. i'm pretty sure most of us on this forum are past our days of running no armored assassin face grappling people without slashing. it makes me sad how dense your posts can be
  7. ManaCorporation

I'm not if it's a result of this thread or whether it's pure concidence but I have been sent three voice messages by three different players. I replied with "omg me deaf, me no hear, me scared of your voice!"

Nice.
  8. TOM12121112

TOM12121112 New Member

are you actually deaf or are you part of the supporters?
  9. Organous

Organous Member

I've played with Mana a few times, and I'm pretty sure he actually is deaf. The key problem here is that we have to stop where we are for several seconds to read your message, and by that time the information can easily become inaccurate. Certainly, I can communicate outside the tension of an in-progress game, but we lose the capability of realistic in-game communication. I'd have to be at my PC while I play and continually check MSN to see what might be said. That's the best-case scenario.
  10. ManaCorporation

100% pure Grade A deaf. Have been since birth.
  11. ManaCorporation

Very true. -- though you don't 'need' to be at the PC; the 360 console have MSN as well and the in-game msn chat is fairly effective.
  12. Ninja Wallace

Ninja Wallace New Member

What do your thoughts 'sound' like?
  13. ManaCorporation

I get asked that a lot; my thoughts sound like a charismatic German that speaks in a tone that makes you wonder if he is geniune or wants to kill you as soon as you turn around.
  14. AARPS

AARPS New Member

lmao. Thats actually a pretty good description of what all German sounds like.
  15. salomdi

salomdi Active Member

i lol'd, but how do you know?
  16. ManaCorporation

Hmm, well what about you? What do YOUR thoughts sound like? Do they sound like you?
  17. DeadStretch

DeadStretch Post Master General

Can't I send you a video chat and sign with you?

lame joke huh? sounded better in my head.
  18. Ninja Wallace

Ninja Wallace New Member

My thoughts sound like pudding, which is why I asked.
  19. JackTrips

JackTrips New Member

I tried signing in game, but I cannot claw effectively.
  20. TOM12121112

TOM12121112 New Member

gotta give you credit, you have an AMAZING sense of "got your back". cant even count how many times in lazerrazor i would be running from 2 assaults and round the corner and you would be waiting for them as a deployed spun up gunner.