Commander explodes at start of game

Discussion in 'Support!' started by Recryl, June 15, 2014.

1. Recryl

Recryl New Member

After updating to GALACTIC v.67342, the commander immediately explodes at the start of each game, directly after choosing a starting location. This happens both in Galactic War and Multiplayer vs. AI. After that, the normal "end of game" options (review game etc.) are not shown, and although Esc is responsive for bringing up/hiding the menu, buttons are not functional, and Alt+F4 seems to be the only way to exit. I'm running PA on Windows 7 Ultimate, 64 bit.

Has anyone else had this issue?
  2. SXX

SXX Post Master General

Do you mean it's happen after you press "Start Annihilation" button?
    If yes try to look closer, this is likely new commander landing effect which isn't complete yet.

Most likely problem with stuck UI isn't related to this. So can you please check my signature and upload your DxDiag.txt on forum?
  3. kryovow

kryovow Well-Known Member

this effect is stupid why wasnt it finished before implemented? Now i get a shock everytime cos its so loud and cos it doesnt make sense cos the commander is already there and only then the big explosion effect stops me from being able to see it xD
  4. brianpurkiss

brianpurkiss Post Master General

It's the start of the Commander spawn in animation.
    zweistein000 likes this.
  5. SXX

SXX Post Master General

Because we play game in development, no? o_O
  6. thetrophysystem

thetrophysystem Post Master General

Pretty much. It is either, you play the game and suffer the half-animated intro, or you don't play for a few more months and when you do the game will work completely.
  7. kryovow

kryovow Well-Known Member

well i know its in dev but you can also finish a feature like this before implementing it half way. there is no advantage for anyone now that this effect is in.

The devs will get a lot of bug reports because people think its a bug, when its actually not finished... and the players are annoyed by it.

Its a lose-lose.
  8. Tormidal

Tormidal Active Member

There's no disadvantage in adding it either. Its just so they can make sure they can put the effect in, and then go in and change the effect to how they want it later on. They did the same thing with the pings when they first added them in internal builds. It was just a huge explosion that didnt actually do any damage or anything.

Just like this, it doesn't have any ill effects to the gameplay by adding that one effect.

And I really doubt that players would get annoyed. Naval has been an unfinished feature for ages and no one has been annoyed yet.