Cherry Tree High Comedy Club

Discussion in 'Unrelated Discussion' started by criticalage, December 20, 2012.

1. criticalage

criticalage Active Member

This game is a comical visual novel where Miley has to gather enough members in order to form her Comedy Club. Dialogue ahoy~

Is the game enjoyable? For Visual Novelist who want to break away from the typical romantic scenes, possibly. It's on the short side even with New Game+. Easily worth 2-3 bucks. Not 8 bucks however.

DID I MENTION THAT THERE ARE NO DATING OPTIONS.

Let the pictures begin.

WHOAH THE TITLE SCREEN IS SO EDGY!
    [​IMG]

I spy Sonic Reference
    [​IMG]

Moments later...
    [​IMG]

Rich girls don't know about hot dogs.

Looks like she is not ready for MOBAs yet. But to level up each trait... You read magazines.. Go to an art museum... Watch movies... Watch TV... And go to the arcade. Oh boy!
    [​IMG]

Alright, so the interaction with this game works like this...
    Pay attention to what they like and bring that up as a subject:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

But of course, one must work hard to be able to enjoy the life of a slacker.
    [​IMG]

WATCH OUT GAMERS, PIZZA AND HOT DOGS COMBINED MAKES...
    [​IMG]

I am sniffing some potential fanart on this scene. Whoah whoah whoah!
    [​IMG]

Ah, so males also have a list of "hot girls" to keep an eye on... What a Wascot in the works.
    [​IMG]

SO THAT'S HOW HE DOES IT!
    [​IMG]
  2. infinitycanvas

infinitycanvas Well-Known Member

Look at that anime hair. And every day is a day off, including the days when you're working.
  3. Cerilium

Cerilium Active Member

Too... kawaii....
  4. ZOoo00OOm

ZOoo00OOm New Member

eww... weaboo shit
  5. criticalage

You actually go to school in this one. And your fatigue increase faster during a school day.
  6. youreternalpyro

youreternalpyro New Member

I get a mix of Harvest Moon/Persona vibes from the social aspect. I've played a few Visual novels in the past (Katawa Shoujo, Sharin no Kuni, Devil on a G-String) and I'm generally a fan of them. Art style reminds me of Recettear and I enjoyed that as well. Currently on sale for 3.99 until the 5th of Janurary but I'm not sure about picking it up. Would you say it'd be worth it, Crit?
  7. criticalage

This one's a bit on the short side.

I typically want a Visual Novel to have some depth and interaction. There's no depth beyond 'being friends with them and getting them to join your club'. The New Game+ makes it easier to acquire more friends, and a better ending. The dialogue in it is cheesy, lighthearted, and fun in some aspect. As the title implies, it is comedy.

4 bucks sounds better than 8 bucks (initial pricing). Get easily 10 hours worth of gameplay and reading. The other stuff is setting your own goals via making the most money within a game period, figuring out what happens when you don't do homework / fatigue maxed out, etc.

Knowing you love VNs, it's worth picking up now. I wouldn't recommend getting it at 8 dollars. 2 dollars would definitely be a steal.

@Everyone Else = For a First Timer in VN, I wouldn't recommend getting this at all. There are tons of better ones out there. Sengoku Rance to start out with.