Cheat mod broken

Discussion in 'Support!' started by Ksgrip, March 13, 2015.

1. Ksgrip

Ksgrip Active Member

Please Uber could you do a quick fix on this. Cause with the new update the cheat paste mod broke itself apart.
    I can´t believe you haven´t fixed this internally, cause there is no way you can test anything without this functioning.
    Or at least a modder with enough knowledge please fix it for every one. I need it to test the balance.
    Thanks to everyone:))
    @sorian @jables or anyone who can make this into account.
  2. wondible

wondible Post Master General

Filed a bug for it last night PA#4352 I figure the devs must not be using the regular game mode for their testing.
  3. exterminans

exterminans Post Master General

They are not, they are not even using the regular cheat mod, I assume they are using the command line parameter to enforce cheat flags in the engine by default. I don't know if you remember, but in some livestreams, they had also that special GUI on the left side of the screen which allows to pick them exactly which unit to spawn without having to use the Copy/Paste mechanic of the default unit cheat mod bundled with PA.
  4. squishypon3

squishypon3 Post Master General

We do have a mod that allows you to do it though, I wonder if we'll ever get the ability to use the default thing?
  5. wondible

Last time I checked devmode it didn't help. I haven't tried the sandbox server state. The GUI elements use the same paste mechanism. The player control panel will show up by itself when player control is enabled, but I have mods that add the unit list whenever create-unit is enabled.

One thing: manually starting a server with --allow-cheats does work.
    zx0 likes this.
  6. zx0

zx0 Well-Known Member

Good enough for me...
  7. Ksgrip

Ksgrip Active Member

How I do so? I mean in which conditions I can mannualy start a server with cheats and how can I enable them.
    Either way it is npt a solution for us to have a mod. Why can't you devs give us yoir tools..
  8. wondible

First you have to find where the game files are. If you don't know off-hand, you may be able to show file location from the shortcut. It varies by OS and whether Steam is being used.

Once you've found PA or PA.exe, look for server (.exe). Windows has the real executables in 32/64 subdirectories.

Manual way: get a command prompt there (windows: shift-right-click and choose command window where) then type "server --allow-cheats"

Now start up a local game; PA should connect to the existing server rather than starting a new one. When the game ends, the server will exit and you'll have to start it again to play with cheats.

It's probably possible to set up shortcuts to the server with arguments supplied, but I'm not at home right now.
    Ksgrip likes this.
  9. wondible

Patch. cc @forrestthewoods if you don't have one already. This moves all checks to simple conditionals similar to the existing vision check, although vision does a little extra since it has some non-cheat applications as well.

Attached Files:

10. tatsujb

tatsujb Post Master General

well you know my mod still works, so there's that...... :>
  11. Ksgrip

Ksgrip Active Member

So this enables the cheat mod?
    I will try to use the server tip taht you gave us. But this , even if it is a mod. Is extremely important to the game to work in a less cluncky way. Im sure everyone would like to have a sandbox tool without mods.. Also the unit sandobox and all sandbox mods are nera to perfect. So if those would be implememted in te game it would be awesome
  12. Ksgrip

Ksgrip Active Member

@wondible i don´t find the server.exe in my computer. There is no such executable on the sub directories or any file in the games directory.:(
  13. wondible

So we have to decode the paths:

OS?
    Steam or not?
  14. Ksgrip

Ksgrip Active Member

Steam, i went into this order:

Programsfiles(x86) -> Steam -> SteamApps -> common -> Planetary annihilation
    Then it should be shown what you mentioned.
    I tried searching in the files, specially in the x64 bits.
    And yes i have Windows 8.1.
  15. wondible

As far as I know the steam version is exactly the same bits as every other version. server.exe should be in the bin_x64 directory. Unless you are running in 32 bit mode since Steam is in x86? 64 bit is one of the server requirements.
  16. youxtiz

youxtiz New Member

Hi, I have the same problem as him, I have the cheats mod installed and I can even see it working when I'm creating a lobby (little box down) but when I'm in game I can't copy/paste unit. I found the server.exe in C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Planetary Annihilation\bin_x64 but when the server's command prompt open I can't type in. I also don't understand what to do with your patch file ? Thanks for help !
  17. Ksgrip

Ksgrip Active Member

I
    it seems that with the update it downloaded again. So now I click on server.exe but it doesn´t let me put server --allow-cheats. Either if i do the shift right click it doesn´t show up the console commmand, just the normal options.
  18. stuart98

stuart98 Post Master General

You have to shift-right-click the folder that it's in, not the icon itself.
  19. s03g

s03g Member

@Ksgrip I've found an easy way round it :), right click over server.exe, select copy.

Go to your desktop, right click and paste shortcut.

Right click over the shortcut and select properties.

In the target box enter --allow-cheats (with a space between " and --)
    wondible likes this.
  20. youxtiz

youxtiz New Member

Thanks very much ! It worked for me with "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Planetary Annihilation\bin_x64\server.exe" --allow-cheats " in the target box.