Chat Windows - Driving Me Crazy

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat PC Feedback and Issues' started by Skull Man, March 30, 2011.

1. Skull Man

Skull Man New Member

This has been bugging me for the longest time now. This is obviously a known issue, but it's really starting to piss me off. The chat window automatically opens itself the first time you either die or the first time you bring up the skills menu. I don't upgrade skills in the spawn, so this means when I'm in combat and need to upgrade on the fly, I have to hit 'b', and then exit out of the chat window, and then upgrade. I can't tell you how many times I've sent a "44" message to everyone when trying to upgrade my passive skills mid-match.

Also, when I hit 'y' for everyone-chat, a 'y' appears in the text box that I have to delete. Same goes for team-chat, I have to delete the 'u' in the text box before I can start typing, meaning it's one more thing that I have to waste a fraction of a second on when typing mid-combat.

BLARGH
  2. killien

killien Active Member

I've had that, it's from trying to type in the chat window when it gets forced to close(ie transfer from scoreboard to Team selection or Team selection to match start)

That's why the Y shows up, the chat window is still open, but forced to the background.
  3. zarakon

zarakon Active Member

I don't think i've seen that

But I normally just open up the console and use the "say" command anyway
  4. vortexcontinuum

vortexcontinuum Active Member

What usually happens is I will say something before the match, then when I go to pick my skills there is some sort of delay before you are "allowed" to pick a skill other than yellow.