Chat Problems Mac

Discussion in 'Mac and Linux' started by theeasterman123, November 14, 2013.

1. theeasterman123

theeasterman123 New Member

Hi, i have a in-game chat problem, when i press Shift+Enter or Enter, I'm can't open chat. It started to happen since the November 12th Patch. Please Help!!!
    Thanks
    Easter
  2. mrosseel

mrosseel New Member

Hi, same here, also on Mac. I must seem awfully rude to the other players :oops:
  3. DeathByDenim

DeathByDenim Post Master General

This is happening for me to under Linux (Kubuntu 13.10 to be exact). Fortunately, I found a workaround. The problem is with the keybinding. For some reason "enter" isn't recognized anymore. So go to "system settings" -> "keyboard" and change the chat keybind from "enter" to something else. I use "q", since that one still seems free. Same for team chat of course.
    Happy chatting again!

Vote for this bug here: http://pa.lennardf1989.com/Tracker/index.php?do=details&task_id=2645
    mrosseel likes this.
  4. dyl4nz

dyl4nz New Member

I was going to vote for the bug too, as I was dismayed at seeming rude to folks unintentionally. I had a hunch though, tested it just now, and have a solution/workaround:

Use 'fn' key on a Mac keyboard while hitting Enter/Return (and modifier with shift works too).

This may not be ideal long term, but at least now I can get out that 'gg'.
  5. DeathByDenim

DeathByDenim Post Master General

You stumbled upon the workaround SXX found (see the bug report), who discoverd that the enter on the keypad does work. Apparently Fn + Enter is precisely that on Macs (See here). Nice find!
  6. SXX

SXX Post Master General

Can somebody confirm if this fixed on OS X in 57703?
  7. JustinTArthur

JustinTArthur New Member

It is not fixed for OS X in 57703.
  8. carlorizzante

carlorizzante Post Master General

I had to rebind as well.

Right now I'm using \ for team chat, and | for open chat. It is basically the same key with and without shift.

But the chat (on Mac?) has an other issue. When I'm on the screen to pick up a spawning spot I can chat. But as soon as I confirm the choice, the chat is unavailable 'till the game actually start.