Changing unit class and build finish trigger

Discussion in 'Mod Discussions' started by Shalkka, June 5, 2014.

1. Shalkka

Shalkka Active Member

I am itching to implement a mod idea that plays with the planetary scale the PA engine can provide. While art will have to wait I thought I could start digging into much of the mechanics. However I can't seem to find any file that would be relevant.

I am looking for ways to change the unit type while on the field. While I won't do starcraft it has nice example of behaviour I am after. Say that I want to mimic how you can make banelings from lings and how banelings can borrow. I would like combat engineers to have a command where they would for a little while consume metal and then change into the suicide hopper. The suicide hopper would in turn have a command where it could change into a mine and the mine could change into the suicide hopper. I was looking for that maybe I could have the unit build a new unit it's going to turn into and then suicide after it is done building. I am supposing that the onbuildfinish triggers only work for eyecandy?

Is what I want currently possible to mod in and will it eventually be?
  2. cola_colin

cola_colin Moderator Alumni

You can catch the alerts and use them to trigger stuff, however I can't think of a way to mod in the behavior after that.