Changing Pro & Money

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat 360 Feedback and Issues' started by razman360, August 21, 2010.

1. razman360

razman360 Member

I think when u change class, you should recieve any money u earned, because in a close game, if a certain class becomes necessary I'm very hesitant to change because any money Ive spent on my class will be wasted and I'll have to start another from scratch. What do u guys think? :/
  2. The Reaver

The Reaver New Member

Changing classes is supposed to be a difficult decision. You either do it early or when it's absolutely imperative with no workaround whatsoever. You shouldn't be able to switch classes whenever you want.
  3. razman360

razman360 Member

I disagree :/ I think if that was the case, the option shouldn't be available at all in the later stages of a game. There are times when you have to change class in order to support the team and combat the enemy teams composition.
  4. Mutated Muskrat

Mutated Muskrat New Member

I don't think you should be allowed to switch classes and carry over everything you've earned. This is part of the "team" part of the game...the team should coordinate it's members so that "all bases are covered" so to speak. If, at the later stages of the game you realize you don't have a Gunner and now desperately need one (for example), that's an unfortunate side effect of not utilizing a team based philosophy.

Just my 2 cents.
  5. The Reaver

The Reaver New Member

You should have a good team composition from the start. If your team composition is bad at the very beginning, then you should suicide and switch classes right away to fit your composition.
  6. razman360

razman360 Member

Generally it isn't me to blame. Many a time in pubs, multiple allies will go assassin, leaving potentially more helpful classes unused. Sometimes I have to play the part of base defense and enemy resistance.
  7. The Reaver

The Reaver New Member

Then they should be switching classes sooner. Being able to transfer skills between classes doesn't solve this problem.
    Last edited: August 21, 2010
  8. FiercelyFuzzy

FiercelyFuzzy New Member

Just switch to a custom class and use all the money from your first class to another who cares, you'll probably do better too.
  9. razman360

razman360 Member

The problem is, my allies never seem to see a problem. Alot of the time, my team are all Rambo assassins or snipers or kill hungry support who have noone else in mind but themselves, including the money ball. And not sure i understand frenzy? :p
  10. karr1z4j2

karr1z4j2 New Member

We would all love to be like Bugs Bunny and play every position on the field at once, but in a team based sport thats just not possible.

Making it difficult to switch up classes mid game also provides an over all meta game of team make up, which i personal find very enjoyable.
  11. D3C3P7AKONZ

D3C3P7AKONZ New Member

how about being able to just remove said money/upgrades earned on 1 class to put onto another in clinch game moments when another class becomes almost necessary to counter opposing tactics? but maybe only have this option available on a fully upgraded class then maybe as a slight debuff to having this option wipe 1 lvl worth of upgrades so even then the decision is still a hard 1 to make... just a suggestion thats all

orrrrrrrrrr just play online in a team of Friends. instead of random ninja's and kill thief's with half a brain then switching classes doesnt become necessary because everbody has there role
  12. Cornstalk

Cornstalk New Member

If it helps...

It saves the upgrades you do for each class in a game. This is for the class itself. Say you're playing Custom 1 Accuracy/Rate of Fire/Crit endorsement gunner, but you really need Custom 2 Armor/Speed/Reload Gunner for this particular game. Switching on death KEEPS all your gunner upgrades. You could even go to default gunner and keep your skills.

Further, if you switch class to Assassin or Sniper because you really just need to kill that support guy or sniper that's been giving you grief. When you go back to gunner, all your skills are still there.

Yes, it's a hard choice to switch. But at least all your work on your starting class stays in place for the match.