change classes while you are alive

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat PC Wishlist' started by Hopper, March 1, 2011.

1. Hopper

Hopper New Member

Only that, while you are alive to get to respawn and you can change class without dying, and something else that would be very serious that the abilities will keep rising when you change class, for example, have the ability to level 3 in assault you change a assasin and you have the katana. Thank you very much :D
  2. El_Matarife

El_Matarife New Member

Let us change classes in spawn, TF2 style. I don't care about the endorsements, I'm just sick of accidentally ending up with extra players of one class and having to throw myself off the map to change.

Alternately, make the change class "queue" so that you can automatically change classes on your next death instead of just having the button do nothing.
  3. Saint Mudknot

Saint Mudknot New Member

I play Xbox so im just gunna start there lol
    Id really enjoy seeing a feature comiing along the lines of pressing start and being able to select what class your going to after death.
    Transferring bought skills however i think should not be added. If i buy Passive and change a class thats great. But for like buying level 3 charge on a tank and going assassin to have level 3 smoke bomb its not that beneficial, plus it keeps the game more of a grind if its hard to build 2 classes in one match makes sense. Normally you play the same class through the whole match, otherwise people would be switching classes every death with the same skills updated.
  4. RayHanley

RayHanley New Member

low on hp and about to die? change class then change back, deny the enemy their money.

no. too easy to abuse, i don't think it should work that way
  5. Espiodude2

Espiodude2 New Member

Hurr durr, that obviously count as a kill for the enemy. Don't be so stupid.
  6. RayHanley

RayHanley New Member

quote it
  7. corducken

corducken Member

I do think cross-class skill credit is a decent idea.

Perhaps every $XXX spent on skills, you get a skill credit, to a maximum of four or so. These skill credits would allow you to level one skill to level two, consuming one credit. Capped at four credits, it would allow you to pick ONE second class if necessary.

These would help people transition to another class while saving money if their current class is not working out for them. Currently, you'd need to earn Around $4400 without spending any money on hazards, turrets, or bots to max out two classes. If it was made so that approximately $300 spent was one credit, people would be able to bail out of classes early enough and not lag behind other players skill-wise in the mid to late game during ordinary 15 minute matches.

Usually, only top scoring players will make that amount of cash, and if they're doing that good they probably don't need to switch out anyway.

People could theoretically spent $1200 minimum on their first class, realize they can't use it, switch out of it to a better one, and spend $1600 on the second one to max the rest of it out. A total of $2,800. This is FAR more within reach of an ordinary player, even one doing poorly.

Admittedly, if they max out the first class entirely, it's still a large amount lost, but the credit given would still ease the transition which would be extremely rough in a game where everyone is maxed out but you. You'd have $600 you could spend on skills, hazards, bots, turrets, whatever your team need. It's a small amount saved overall, but it should not be discounted.