Change bacon

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat 360 Wishlist' started by OfficerFuttBuck, March 14, 2011.

1. OfficerFuttBuck

OfficerFuttBuck Active Member

Right now, bacon is an insanely rare drop but it is massively game changing, and can even be a game ender, but it is all luck. That's where the problem is in my eyes.

What I propose is that either for private matches we can turn bacon off, or make bacon a once per game drop. The next part would be that jack bots don't drop bacon, as that would be too one sided if it drops the only bacon. Bacon should drop in one of the bulls eye appearances, bringing a lot more focus towards bulls eye and controlling him. This would make bacon more of a power weapon, or like a rocket launcher in halo for instance. It gives the team that gets it an advantage, but doesn't make them invulnerable and with enough teamwork they can be brought down. With this change, I'd like an aesthetic change to whoever gets bacon, whether it's a piece of bacon on their chest or the game tells you who got bacon, because a bit of steam above somebody's head is a bit hard to pick out. Finally, I'd like to see a private match setting that adjusts the duration of bacon, in case bacon is truly too powerful.

Thoughts?
  2. Govnerplatypus

Govnerplatypus New Member

I agree with the statement above. Also that about no bacon in Private games, its a good idea but fits in with more private game options.

But see, this is where I see a problem about Bullseye dropping Bacon once a game. Not that controlling him is bad, its very good indeed, but Bacon would lose that certain UMPH-effect for me. Ya know, when you hear Mickey Cantor goes: B-B-B-BacoOOOOn, i think in my head: that lucky guy(had other words in mind)! If Bullseye dropped it once a game, Bacon would become Skill, not luck.
    But increasing Bacon would be nice, like once every 2-3 games.
  3. Deadpool FTW

Deadpool FTW New Member

HOW DARETH YOU DEFILE THAT WHICH IS BACON! THY GODS OF BACON SHALL STRIKE YOU DOWN, HERETIC!
  4. Wandrian Wvlf

Wandrian Wvlf New Member

It's rare enough that outside of Blitz it doesn't really have a huge impact most of the time. I don't even hear bacon get picked up in a good 95% of the matches I've been in, let alone get it myself.

The 0.0001% of the time where bacon does become a factor is so unlikely to make it feel more significant, amongst other reasons I can't think of(not working on a Monday morning has apparently messed up my head).
  5. Govnerplatypus

Govnerplatypus New Member

I SHALL NOT DEFILE BACON, YOU FOOL. FOR THY GODS OF BACON KNOWETH THAT THEY ONLY GRANT THEIR GIFT OF THE AMAZINGETH BACON ONLY TO THE CHOOSEN ONE.
    THY GODS OF CHURROS, WHOETH DO THEY FEEL ABOUT THY CONCERNING MATTER.
  6. JackTrips

JackTrips New Member

Solid ideas I think.

I remember getting bacon as an assault and running circles around Futtbuck's gunner. Got bacon and an immediate 20 kill streak came with it. Gold RoF/Armor/Accuracy/Skill/Clip all at the same time makes my mouth water almost as much as real bacon.
  7. xl G h o S 7 lx

xl G h o S 7 lx New Member

Mickey Cantor announces when bacon's picked up. Its easily noticeable when someones absolutely overpowering everyone.
  8. BroTranquilty

BroTranquilty New Member

It's all okay, the announcer tells you when you are to recieve your raping.

Okay, other than private matches, I don't see too much problem with bacon. Bacon encourages killing jackbot, and besides, bullseye is often one-sided too (he walks into one of the bases sometimes). If you know someone has bacon, target them heavily, top priority of the rest of the enemy.
  9. DeadStretch

DeadStretch Post Master General

10. Black Jack Davy

Black Jack Davy New Member

I like this idea as an option in private matches. Options are good.
  11. TOM12121112

TOM12121112 New Member

if bacon dorps from only bullseye because jackbots would be too 1 sided, what about steel peel bullseye?
  12. WildmanX2k

WildmanX2k New Member

Have you ever derped so much, that you dorped? :lol:
    I kid tom#s ;)
    OT
    Bacon SHOULD be insanely rare. You should be risking your life to get the one power-up that drops once every hundred matches(ish). It's the power up that makes you think "HOLY S#1* BAAAAAAAAAAAAACON!!!!!!!" which is awesome :D

So errrr yeah....
  13. Undercover_Thudercat

Undercover_Thudercat New Member

I like the idea of Bullseye being the only bacon dropper, but maybe making it slightly more likely (maybe happens once every game) so that there is more of a reason to go after bullseye. As of right now, as an assassin, I will never go for bullseye because I just don't have time to and the payoff isn't worth the risk.
  14. InsolubleFluff

InsolubleFluff New Member

Bullseye is worth a few slashes at the very least if you can get to him. The Juice he gives you makes it worth while. Plus dying isn't that bad. My entire team, myself included went heavily negative earlier on but the whole game we had map control and pushed the bots in and won. Shows that kills mean very, very little.
  15. Gentleman

Gentleman New Member

I recently had Bullseye drop two pieces of bacon in a matter of seconds between each other, so. . .
  16. DeadStretch

DeadStretch Post Master General

Wouldn't it be cool if both the Jackbots or Bullseye sizzled like Pros do when they have Bacon? That way we know if Bacon would drop.
  17. Gentleman

Gentleman New Member

LIKE A SHINY IN POKMON!

Uh. . .I mean, I don't play that game. . .
  18. TOM12121112

TOM12121112 New Member

i dont see how that correlates to the post you quoted, or the topic at hand.
    :? :?
  19. Undercover_Thudercat

Undercover_Thudercat New Member

Did you know that for each incandescent light bulb you replace with a CFL light bulb, you will save $7 per bulb per year?
  20. JackTrips

JackTrips New Member

I love this idea, just because of the massive cluster****s that would occur. It would be insanity.