Celestial Gameboard

Discussion in 'Backers Lounge (Read-only)' started by treign, May 18, 2013.

1. treign

treign Member

My curiosity has been getting the best of me from time to time as i have been patiently awaiting how Uber was planning on tackling their Celestial Gameboard. After seeing the footage today i am absolutely convinced this is going to be the best game i will ever play, and i cant wait to get my sticky fingers on a copy. I love the physics that you have applied so far and i cant wait to see how everything interacts. At times i feared that the planets would simply be other maps that you could transport to/from, but upon seeing the moon rotating around the planet and both around the Gas Giant... my mind was blown. I look forward to building galaxies and then reducing them to rubble and ash. =D

Kudos UBER!
  2. KNight

KNight Post Master General

I'm assuming you're referring to the Galactic War?

Mike
  3. chemicalrascal

chemicalrascal New Member

Given that ey refers to the recent livestream, I think ey's talking about the very-unfinished solar-system view, which in the livestream was shown to have a vaugely debuggy grid, and so on.
  4. squarkster

squarkster New Member

I really liked the look of the solar system view they briefly showed in the live stream, it was clearly very-unfinished but showed huge potential to me.
  5. Spinewire

Spinewire Member

Hopefully it won't be a separate thing but just blend into it when you zoom out enough.

I want to be able to go between it and ground level with a large swipe of my mouse wheel.
  6. treign

treign Member

Not specifically the Galactic War Single Player Campaign (if that is what you are refering to) but directly related to the map of the solar system that was shown roughly aroung 24min. Though im certain this map will be used extensively throughout the campaign, this is also a map that will be utilized amongst any player on a battlefield containing multiple planets. The Solar System map.

its my impression that this is exactly how this feature is intended to work. And im with you 100%. I gather that Uber is still tooling with how they wish to incorporate their minimap (on a planetary level), but on a galactic level, this map is 100% on par with how i wished... or rather, how most of us expected the view to appear. Though it is very rough, i can already see the potential. To speak frankly, (and without any foresight) but i believe the zoom out/in will be as fluid as it can possible be made from a galactic view to a planetary view.

Absolutely correct. Im speaking of the map roughly around 24min that shows the sun, planet and moon. I might be wrong but i thought Mavor called it the Celestial Gameboard. But upon further inspection, the user entered a keystroke which brought him to this Celestial Gameboard view... [prolly an F-key or something. I imagine that the user would either be able to interact with the celectial gameboard view with a keystroke, or by zooming (scrolling) out enough. This is just an assumption but is a fair assumption with what info Uber has provided us.] I hadnt many reservations with how this gameboard was to be designed, (it seemed straight foreward) but moreover curious as to how Uber planned on tackling this feature. I am very enthusiastically and overwhelmingly pleased with the current development of this RTS. It appears as though this game were tailored to me =D
  7. emossg

emossg New Member

What livestream are you refering to? I can't find any livestream with Galactic Map shown.
  8. Moranic

Moranic Member

The May 17th one, they briefly showed some sort of unfinished map of the system you're in. It's not really a galactic map, but more like an ingame strategy map. Thingy.
  9. nanolathe

nanolathe Post Master General

... In a Homeworld/Homeworld 2 Zoom-out Stylie.