Captain Teemo!

Discussion in 'Unrelated Discussion' started by squishypon3, March 3, 2015.

1. squishypon3

squishypon3 Post Master General

I don't even play LoL, but... I can't stop watching this.

Apparently the character is pretty OP, can turn invisible after 2 seconds of invisibility and runs really dang fast.

This video makes me want to get LoL... Just to play as Teemo.

Hes so cute tho. <3
  2. dom314

dom314 Post Master General

Damn it. I just deleted this game from my computer. *sigh*

Teemo is basically my favourite champion xD.
  3. cwarner7264

cwarner7264 Moderator Alumni

I hate Teemo.

Proof (the video isn't edited at all because effort):

4. tatsujb

tatsujb Post Master General

Teemo is a character I quite like.

he's considered the noob-tube of lol, because rather easy to grasp and deals a butt-ton of damage.

his turning invisible is unimportant, where it all comes together is the shrooms.

yes teemo is a shroom dealer

he plants giant mushrooms on the map that they themselves turn invisible and if you run into will blow up and slowdown and deal damage to enemy characters caught in the AOE.

the damage is the real important part.

throughout the match you stack AP (ability Power) on you character making his shrooms more and more deadly.

with of course a touch of cooldown to help you get even more shrooms on the map.

the more shrooms and the more powerfull they are, the more the map becomes a death trap for the enemy team.

moving on to why this makes teemo the most hated (loved in the case of trolls) character in LoL :

the shrooms deal a great deal of damage and the opponent will run into them themselves and unknowingly thus randomly.

thus, more often then not a character thinking he would make it out of a fight with enough HP often gets caught unsuspectingly and dies.

Oh and of course his attack deals poison damage which is (I think) is the best poison in the game.

meaning you can be back within your walls thinking you're safe but the poison is so strong and long that it nukes what's left of your health. Once again killing a champion.

this upsets both the opponent because : there is no way to predict where the shroom will be and people hate the unpredictable elements in LOL because just about everything else in the game is something you can predict and anticipate or account for. (in it's defense the shrooms as well it's just got a complete random factor to it, requires a much more astute use of warding and has a tendency to be forgotten again easily (because invisibility) until the next one that blows up in your face)

And your own team as well because you kill-steal the **** out of everything.

you can very easily end up with nearly all the kills in the match. but it's not like your APM was through the roof.

it's not like you were there at every crucial moment, at every team-fight

it's not like you were in the fray dashing about comboing guys and even using the specials on your equipment.

no.

you were just placing shrooms on the map.

personally?

haters gonna hate upload_2015-3-4_9-58-7.png I love teemo.

APM isn't a factor of skill.

if you can use your head to win you deserve it.

if the game gives you the kill everytime one of your shrooms was part of the final blows, that's how the game is.

I had to deal with Miss Fortunes auto attacks constantly canceling and her ulttimate being canceled by just about every single E in the game so I think it's only fair people deal with the teemo = noobtube factor.
    Last edited: March 4, 2015
  5. cwarner7264

cwarner7264 Moderator Alumni

@tatsujb you are just the worst kind of person.
  6. tatsujb

a rational? a realist?

just to clarify I don't like teemo for the reasons trolls like teemo : JUST BECAUSE HE'S UPSETTING

I like teemo because he's got a valid place in lol, just like any other character and he's cute and fun to play.

I like trying to strategise and figure out where best to place my mushrooms to get a hit or a jackpot.

using reverse psychology on your opponent and placing a mushroom on the path he'd use to dodge a place he'd expect you to place one.....

:p
  7. tatsujb

errrrrrrrrrr...........
  8. tatsujb

wards are free and in your inventory with a cooldow by default now. and they were never expensive to begin with.

no.

noone would be happy about having one less player on the team, much less what could have been a death machine.
  9. tatsujb

wards are free AND don't take an item slot

and of course you can still buy wards to have more than the one on cooldown
  10. kvalheim

kvalheim Post Master General

Couldn't watch for more than a few secs, voice was cringey XD
  11. squishypon3

Its so cute thoooough.. xD
  12. tatsujb

OOOOOOOOOOOuuuh here we go. upload_2015-3-4_17-15-37.jpeg

LOL IS p2w because you :
    1. can buy boosters
    2. can't keep up with the champion release rate to buy new champs only in IP
  13. squishypon3

Is Dota 2 p2w? :3
  14. tatsujb

apparently.

problem is I have no personal experience on the matter.
  15. squishypon3

Nah I believe you can only buy skins Iirc. XP
  16. tatsujb

nope.

I'm not the one with the wrong definition. not only that but I know math and logic.

bought advance into the game + grind advance into the game

=
    ?

grind advance into the game

no.

say one has a value of 12

then the other has a value of 6 (for example, either way necessarily something lower than the first)

http://www.theverge.com/2015/2/16/8045369/valve-dota-2-in-game-augmentation-pay-to-win

guys seriously I've been at this for a long time.

and on the matter of LoL I've actually played the game quite extensively.

If you still wanna debate, have at it. : )
    aB30Mr2_460sv.gif
    Last edited: March 4, 2015
  17. squishypon3

Sorry that was a recent change, Dota didn't have p2w elements until recently.

So why don't we talk about TF2? :>

Yes you can purchase weapons, but these weapons give no advantage, and if they do then it's due to not completely perfect balance.
  18. kvalheim

Dota 2 still doesn't have P2W elements? Unless it's about that dumb Year Beast event, but in the grand scheme who even gives a **** about a temporary holiday gamemode.
    At least I don't have to grind for the ability to choose from the entire roster of characters (even though I only ever play like 3 of them)
  19. tatsujb

http://www.nowgamer.com/team-fortress-2-is-still-pay-to-win-not-free-to-play-crytek/

the rule with generalizations is to be fundamentally and thouroughly uncompromising.

take any curve and derive it to obtain it's tangent then see what the tagent points towards when you are nearing infinity.

that is then what you can generalize.
  20. kvalheim

That guy's a bit dumb then, TF2 drops you items like crazy and there's a trade market set up.
    squishypon3 likes this.
  21. squishypon3

This this this.