Can't target active metal planet with Halleys

Discussion in 'Support!' started by takfloyd, October 13, 2014.

1. takfloyd

takfloyd Active Member

Making a thread for this now because it's happened multiple times to me and my friend.

Playing a map with small moons and a metal planet, it's sometimes impossible to select the metal planet as a target for the Halleys. Each time this has happened, someone was building catalysts on the planet, and when trying to destroy it, clicking the planet name in the "Send to annihilate" menu does nothing. Clicking the planet in the map screen has had wildly random results, such as

1: Selecting a different planet for no reason

2: Bringing up the "Confirm Destination" screen without zooming in on the planet to allow target selection (This causes "Confirm Destination" to be stuck on the screen permanently as well if I try to cancel)

3: Opening a view of the metal planet in the picture-in-picture, but not allowing target selection

This happened to be and my team mate. Both had Halleys ready but we couldn't do anything. Eventually I just clicked "Confirm Destination", and the Halleys activated... and crashed the moon into the wrong side of the metal planet since I couldn't select a precise target.

Very very frustrating and game breaking. Anyone have a similar experience?

Edit: This has happened before and after the recent patch.
  2. zgrssd

zgrssd Active Member

I noticed that sometimes the PiP still has camera operation focus long after the mouse has left it. Clicking anywhere in the normal world fixes that.
    But this only happenes if the UI (and especialyl the CPU) very overloaded. Like trying run with local servers on a computer that has difficulty with the client alone. (4 GiB RAM).

If that happens for you, chances are you UI and/or computer are just way overtaxed by the client + server.